Windows 10: Administrator Rights problem.

Discus and support Administrator Rights problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SilvioZlk, Jan 14, 2021.

1. SilvioZlk Win User

Administrator Rights problem.

I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this?

:)

SilvioZlk, Jan 14, 2021

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Problem with Administrator rights (??)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to provide permission to the folder and check if that helps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

For reference go through the below article:

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2021
  4. DougS9614 Win User

DougS9614, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Administrator Rights problem. - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights problem

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Administrator Rights problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Rights problem: I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this? submitted by...
  5. Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?): [ATTACH] I need help fixing my clipboard. When I go on clipboard settings I can't change the clipboard history setting and windows says: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. Although clipboard history is on, windowskey+v doesn't do anything....
  6. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...
  9. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f
  10. win 10 administrative rights problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win 10 administrative rights problem: Hey, new to forum... I have a new laptop running win 10 home premium (new to win 10) and in settings I see my account with my name , local account and the word administrator under that. but when I try to edit a host file or change a reg key it denies me. and I do not see a...