Windows 10: Administrator Rights to Delete a File

Discus and support Administrator Rights to Delete a File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a .jpg and saved it to my desktop. I am trying to delete it, but I receive the message that I need permission from the Administrator to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomNorris2, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Administrator Rights to Delete a File

I created a .jpg and saved it to my desktop. I am trying to delete it, but I receive the message that I need permission from the Administrator to delete the file. This is my computed and I created the file, how can I delete it?

:)

TomNorris2, Mar 2, 2019

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 2, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Administrator Rights to Delete a File

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Administrator Rights to Delete a File

1. Administrator Rights to Delete a File - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights Delete

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Need administration rights to delete file, and have tried muiptle methods to no prevail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need administration rights to delete file, and have tried muiptle methods to no prevail?: I can't seem to delete a file that requires administrative rights. Safe mode doesn't work, command prompt(admin) doesn't work, and I couldn't change the security settings. I got this message when changing the principal An error occurred while applying security information...
  5. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: I am logged in as Administrator, the only one on this computer. When I want to rename an image I am told I need Admnistrator rights. I click the left button offered and can then rename the image, but this step wastes time and should not be necessary.WHY is it telling me I...
  6. Unable to Delete Files as Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Delete Files as Administrator: There are some files in my hard drive that aren't any sort of system files, and they aren't running either. It was a program that suddenly wouldn't run anymore, and I'm not sure why. Something happened to the executable file because the icon started to look like a default...
  7. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  8. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  9. Delete Administrator account files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Administrator account files: My intent was to turn on the built in administrator account and remove my user account, but found out that will not work for one reason or another of several. I have again disabled the administrator account, is it now safe to delete C:\Users\Administrator folder? 126516
  10. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete a file with administrator rights