Windows 10: administrator rights

Discus and support administrator rights in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to save files to c drive and get message that I am not administrator. When I look at my profile, I am. However, I don't show under users.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by msdww, May 9, 2019.

1. msdww Win User

administrator rights

I am trying to save files to c drive and get message that I am not administrator. When I look at my profile, I am. However, I don't show under users.

:)

msdww, May 9, 2019

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, May 9, 2019
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, May 9, 2019
  4. administrator rights

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 9, 2019
Thema:

administrator rights

1. administrator rights - Similar Threads - administrator rights

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  3. External Hard Drive Administrative Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    External Hard Drive Administrative Rights: Oh goodness. I know. Here it goes again. Trust me, my situation is different. I have two external drives of which I am having trouble accessing/copying or moving folders to another drive. The error is 'You don't currently have permission to access this folder.' And now here...
  4. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights: This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the...
  5. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"
  6. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.: I have recently encountered that i cannot access Device manager and i am getting the following message,[IMG] I have tried command prompt but it appears that when i apply the necessary steps to try and over come this problem i get the following, [IMG] I cannot believe...
  7. window 10 administrator rights

window 10 administrator rights: I upgraded to windows 10 some time ago from windows 7 and now I have no administrator rights and cannot do anything on my computer not even change the time because every time i try to do something i get a pop up box saying that i must put in a username and password yet i...
  8. Administrator Rights to Delete a File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Rights to Delete a File: I created a .jpg and saved it to my desktop. I am trying to delete it, but I receive the message that I need permission from the Administrator to delete the file. This is my computed and I created the file, how can I delete it?...
  9. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  10. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...