Windows 10: administrator rights

Discus and support administrator rights in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to save files to c drive and get message that I am not administrator. When I look at my profile, I am. However, I don't show under users.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by msdww, May 9, 2019.

1. msdww Win User

administrator rights

I am trying to save files to c drive and get message that I am not administrator. When I look at my profile, I am. However, I don't show under users.

:)

msdww, May 9, 2019

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, May 9, 2019
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, May 9, 2019
  4. administrator rights

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 9, 2019
Thema:

administrator rights

1. administrator rights - Similar Threads - administrator rights

2. lost administrative rights. windows 10 single home language

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost administrative rights. windows 10 single home language: Need help. Pls.see attached ph.I lost all admin rights. Logging in on safe mode.and choosing Admin. It requires windows hello or smart card which I don't have.[IMG][IMG]...
  3. Windows 10 is not working it'll load up but I have no administrator rights 90% of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is not working it'll load up but I have no administrator rights 90% of the...: I can't get administrator rights when when I go into account settings I cannot get God mode to work command prompt doesn't work pretty much everything that Windows has to offer I can't access and it says I have administrator rights...
  4. "One drive can't be run using full administrator rights"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "One drive can't be run using full administrator rights": For every booting f Windows 10 I get the following POPUP. My repeated attempts fail to rectify this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-cant-be-run-using-full-administrator/862aa420-28a3-4c39-9353-3dda7707f6e7
  5. Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox: Hello, My new computer has Windows 10. And since then, I can't modify certains files in my Dropbox. I can modify excel/word/ppt files, but I can't modify tex or R files which I used to modify with Windows 7. I have an error message stating that I don't have the writing...
  6. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. External Hard Drive Administrative Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    External Hard Drive Administrative Rights: Oh goodness. I know. Here it goes again. Trust me, my situation is different. I have two external drives of which I am having trouble accessing/copying or moving folders to another drive. The error is 'You don't currently have permission to access this folder.' And now here...
  9. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights: This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the...
  10. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"