Windows 10: Administrator Rights

Discus and support Administrator Rights in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have inherited a computer that runs a complex technical system but also has the Office package. The system was set up by someone else before I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Becky Jo Kerr, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Administrator Rights

I have inherited a computer that runs a complex technical system but also has the Office package.

The system was set up by someone else before I worked here. The problem is that nobody here has the administrator information. Is it possible to recover the admin information without reinstalling Windows?

:)

Becky Jo Kerr, Apr 30, 2020

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 30, 2020
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Administrator Rights

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Administrator Rights

1. Administrator Rights - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights

2. Not able to gain administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to gain administrator rights: I typed netplwiz from cmd and disable the option of never ask username and password and as a result i have lost my rights as an administrator. i have tried all possible solution but not able to gain admin rights back.Also it shows popup box saying access is denied. Please...
  3. Lost Administrator rights

Lost Administrator rights: I have lost all administrator rights and i cannot change anything , i wanted to factory reset and in error deleted my own administrator rights . would appreciate help because i have spent a number of daily hours without success.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file: I made an export from regedit to have as a back-up. I then made som changes to the registry that were not successful. I then decided to import the back-up registry to get beck to where I started but got an error message at the end of the import process that said: translated...
  5. Lost access rights to C drive in Windows 10, even from administrator account!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost access rights to C drive in Windows 10, even from administrator account!: Hi everybody, I'll explain my situation, for if anyone can help me sort it out. In my Windows 10 I was using a personal account domain "desktop-[pc-code]\[myuser] that was labelled as administrator, when I unfortunately removed all access rights to C: drive from Properties...
  6. administrator rights

administrator rights: My printer stopped being listed in the devices. I troubleshot with HP but when attempting to install the drivers I get an installation error. Photo below. This happened with the last updates. This is my computer and I am the only user and in the account user information shows...
  7. Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...: The options is missing from the OS and I want to add it back. submitted by /u/bantheodor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4t3gc/where_is_the_option_to_enable_the_run_as/
  8. Administration rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administration rights: I was trying to install a game and it said I had to sign in as an administrator in order to proceed with the update to the game. I frigged around with the permissions and can't get back in to reset them to the original settings? What do i do?...
  9. Windows 10, gaming, and administrator rights...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, gaming, and administrator rights...: Hello all, Plz help in the right direction for the gaming... I want to know the security measures need to be taken when downloading Steam and games from Steam while giving them administrator rights? is it possible to play these games, also in an online multiplayer...
  10. Switching from KMS license to private License without administrator rights

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from KMS license to private License without administrator rights: When leaving my employeer i got to keep my Laptop. Now i can´t get the Windows license renewed from the Companies KMS Server. Many of the solutions described on the www require Administrator rights which i do not have. What is the best way to keep Windows functioning? I do...