Windows 10: Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.

Discus and support Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Increasingly, I am getting angry about non-sensical behavior from Windows. To make a long story short, I am trying to disable some settings in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by François Coupal, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.

Increasingly, I am getting angry about non-sensical behavior from Windows.

To make a long story short, I am trying to disable some settings in the Task Scheduler (among others, but let's focus on that one).

Absolutely nothing enables me to do this: I do not have admin "rights". These are the steps I took to remedy this:

- Fresh install of Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.295 from a Media creator tool.

- Enabled the "hidden" administrator account. and enabled administrator privilieges on the single "normal" local account.

- Executed the Task Scheduler from: Administrative tools icon, Command Line (as admin), Power Shell (as admin). Sometimes it wont even lauch...

- Tried to Disable settings from Windows Update.

All failed. Every single one of them. Even logged in as the highest possible admin account I can possibly find on the forums here. But the only message I get is that I don't have administrative rights to do what I want.

Basically, Admins have no admins rights. This is beyond ridiculous...

Before I just drop the towel, is there anything I might try to actually be an administrator on Windows?

Thanks in advance

:)

François Coupal, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.

1. Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations. - Similar Threads - Administrator roles are

2. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  3. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  4. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10: I have WIN10 and during instalIation on my home computer, I assigned myself as administrator. However, after a few years, I noticed that there are many functions that I can't do because WIN10 says that I don't have permissions. For example, I cannot change the time, I can't...
  5. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10: I have WIN10 and during instalIation on my home computer, I assigned myself as administrator. However, after a few years, I noticed that there are many functions that I can't do because WIN10 says that I don't have permissions. For example, I cannot change the time, I can't...
  6. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  8. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  9. Broken: Administrator role

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken: Administrator role: Hi all, Hoping I'm in the right place and that someone can help me. Disclosure: I'm not very fluent with computers, they weren't really part of my generation. So please if you reply... can I request the "For Dumbies" version :) That would be greatly appreciated!...
  10. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue: It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ; <Acount Name> <Email> Administrator Password protected When running gpedit.msc it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. and running...