Windows 10: Administrator status on my PC

Discus and support Administrator status on my PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My home PC wont allow me to access Task Manager, Power Settings, Etc. and says i am no longer an administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by L. H. 1997, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Administrator status on my PC

My home PC wont allow me to access Task Manager, Power Settings, Etc. and says i am no longer an administrator.

:)

L. H. 1997, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. jimbobs Win User

Administrator status on my PC

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Administrator status on my PC

1. Administrator status on my PC - Similar Threads - Administrator status

2. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  3. Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with administrator status after switching from windows 11 home S mode: I switched out from windows 11 home S mode. It went OK, but now I had to perform an administrator level task disabling core integration and I could not. I am the only user of the computer, and the account info says I am administrator. Still, the disable button is inactive and...
  4. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  5. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  6. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?: I've been having troubles for a while; it's starting to get frustrating. All my accounts say they're admin, but I can never do anything because it says I don't have the permission to do so. I've seen this has been a constant problem over multiple versions of windows and I...
  7. Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?

Why is my administrative status not working across any of my accounts?: I've been having troubles for a while; it's starting to get frustrating. All my accounts say they're admin, but I can never do anything because it says I don't have the permission to do so. I've seen this has been a constant problem over multiple versions of windows and I...
  8. Lost administrator status--can't import backup regkey now, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost administrator status--can't import backup regkey now, am I screwed?: Screenshots of error messages/etc: https://imgur.com/a/MWooQYY Hello, Pulling my hair out over this one--I clearly jumped in way too deep and am now up the creek without a paddle. I changed a menial registry setting for the second time ever while owning this PC I...
  9. I’m locked out of administrator status.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m locked out of administrator status.: Every time I get into windows I log into my account(the admin account, I only have one) if I try to use administrator features the app just crashes. I can’t download anything, I can’t connect any Bluetooth devices and more. Can anyone help? I don’t know what I did wrong. I...
  10. Administrator status?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator status?: In the last few days I had to do a recovery of my PD. I now find that I am no longer the administrator and files on my desktop are all 'read only'. How can I reset myself to administrator status?...