Windows 10: Administrator Storage Service

Discus and support Administrator Storage Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Administrator ha disabled the Storage Service on this system. How can this be rectified? The reply button is not functioning and that replies are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bairn_966, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Administrator Storage Service

Administrator ha disabled the Storage Service on this system. How can this be rectified?

The reply button is not functioning and that replies are received under Junk, making it impossible to make any further contact.

:)

Bairn_966, Nov 30, 2019

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Administrator Storage Service

Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Administrator Storage Service

1. Administrator Storage Service - Similar Threads - Administrator Storage Service

2. Administrator unable to access storage to make changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator unable to access storage to make changes: Administrator access to make changes to storage is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-unable-to-access-storage-to-make/1f84c28f-e00d-4b1e-906c-9f6a162cd291
  3. Storage Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Service: When starting my computer, it takes longer to boot up and sign in. The taskbar shows no icons and the windows button does not work. Restarting explorer.exe sometimes resolves the issue. After sifting through the Microsoft services, I determined that the "Storage Service" is...
  4. Storage Service

Storage Service: When starting my computer, it takes longer to boot up and sign in. The taskbar shows no icons and the windows button does not work. Restarting explorer.exe sometimes resolves the issue. After sifting through the Microsoft services, I determined that the "Storage Service" is...
  5. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  6. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  7. Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot: Whenever I update windows, the storage service breaks- causing the computer to boot to a black screen where the taskbar flashes. Aside from disabling the storage service msconfig, services and rebooting- the only solution was to reinstall windows again. Having done this,...
  8. Storage Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Service: I encountered an issue with storage service causing everything to flash at startup. The taskbar flashes and the desktop is black. This is not a monitor issue because when I open task manager it doesn't flash. I found the fix by disabling the services one by one until my...
  9. Storage optimization requires administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage optimization requires administrative privileges: i have recently been getting a strange message from windows defrag when ever i log into windows. the message reads "Storage optimization requires administrative privileges. To Perform this task, you must log on using an administrator account" I am the only user of this...
  10. "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "An Administrator has disabled the storage service on this device": Just got this computer yesterday, tried to check my storage and it's all blank with those words in yellow? Can anyone help, has this happened to anyone before? submitted by /u/the-cookiemonster [link] [comments]...