Windows 10: Administrator user access control

Discus and support Administrator user access control in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While trying to install a software I was blocked and told to communicate wioth the Administrator of the laptop, I am the administrator of this laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shahnaaz Arend, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Administrator user access control

While trying to install a software I was blocked and told to communicate wioth the Administrator of the laptop, I am the administrator of this laptop yet I have no access. I also tried logging into my microsfot account via User Access Control and it says the account does not exist when it clearly does on other platforms.

:)

Shahnaaz Arend, Feb 14, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Administrator user access control

User Account Control in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check if you can access Safe mode and go to the elevated command prompt from there.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

a. Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options
    click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

b. A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings >
    Startup Settings
    > Restart.

c. Your system will automatically restart, press relevant keys to go to the Safe Mode with Command prompt.

Once you have access to Elevated Command prompt, follow the steps:

1. Type "net user administrator /active:yes" and click
    Enter

You will get a message stating that "The Command completed successfully"

2. Go to the normal mode now and sign in from the administrator account.

3. Give administrator privileges to your new account by following the steps:

• Press Windows key and type Control. Click on Control Panel from the list of options.
    • Click on User Account > Manage another account.
    • Select the appropriate user account you want to give administrator rights to and then click on
      Change account type.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Administrator user access control

1. Administrator user access control - Similar Threads - Administrator user access

2. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Access Control in Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm trying to run an application and this application requires admin privileges every time I run it. The user who trying to run this app is a common user and doesn't have admin privileges on the system. My simple question is there any way to give this common user...
  3. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Access Control in Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm trying to run an application and this application requires admin privileges every time I run it. The user who trying to run this app is a common user and doesn't have admin privileges on the system. My simple question is there any way to give this common user...
  4. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User access control window not appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User access control window not appearing: I am installing Chrome on windows10 as Administrator. I have right click on Chrome setup file and given Run as administrator. After that one small blue circle rotating and there is no any response. Actually UAC window has to come but not coming. after some time it was...
  6. User Access Control confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Access Control confusion: I have the following strange issue: On my PC I have a Windows Administrator, a Local Administrator and a Standard User account. I use the Standard user account for day to day tasks. If I need to use an elevated Command prompt or install new software, then I'm asked to enter...
  7. I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...

I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...: Windows 10, fresh install, I am administrator, no other accounts. I cannot access disk partitioning, user account controls, and probably much more because I apparently don't have control over the computer I paid for with the operating system I paid for. Everything worked...
  8. Complaint on User Access control settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Complaint on User Access control settings: I can't drag and drop with my touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaint-on-user-access-control-settings/c2ffe532-dec4-4757-9cc9-6fd0213d4d67
  9. user control access

user control access: i have a program that every time i go to open it i get a message if i am sure i want to open it. how do i correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-control-access/593b9e44-493f-42a4-8a51-939d77e0197e
  10. Whitelist for User Access Control

Whitelist for User Access Control: I am the admin on my machine, Windows 10. I have a few apps, like a VPN, that invoke the UAC pop up every time they run. Can I white list certain apps as I have approved them and don't want the annoyance of UAC. I'm aware that I could turn it off but I don't want to open...