Windows 10: administrator user name / password

Discus and support administrator user name / password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeanFlorence, Nov 10, 2018.

1. administrator user name / password

I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/

:)

JeanFlorence, Nov 10, 2018
  2. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Windows User name for administrator

Hi Tony,

If you wish to rename the Administrator account, you must first be logged on as the administrator to change the account name. Here are the steps on how to change the account username.

Method 1: Change Local user account name.

• Press Windows key + R > type netplwiz
      > OK.
    • The User Accounts window will pop up, click User tab, then select the account that you'd like to change the name >
      Properties.
    • On the General tab, enter the your desired user name >
      Apply
      > OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Method 2: Change the user account if you're using a Microsoft account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Info.
    • Click Manage my Microsoft account. This will take you to Microsoft account settings page.
    • Select Edit name, then change the first and last name , and click
      Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Nov 10, 2018
  4. administrator user name / password

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi,

You may setup User Account Control to ask for the username and password though it will still depend on the user account type.

To change these settings, follow these steps:

To change the elevation prompt behavior for administrators

• Click Start, click Accessories, click
      Run
      , type secpol.msc in the Open box, and then click
      OK.

• From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then click
      Security Options.

• Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators.

• From the drop-down menu, select one of the following settings:
      • Elevate without prompting (tasks that request elevation will automatically run as elevated without prompting the administrator)
      • Prompt for credentials (this setting requires user name and password input before an application or task will run as elevated)
      • Prompt for consent (default setting for administrators)

• Click OK.

• Close the Local Security Settings window.

To change the elevation prompt behavior for standard users

• Click Start, click Accessories, click
      Run
      , type secpol.msc in the Open box, and then click
      OK.

• From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then
      Security Options.

• Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users.

• From the drop-down menu, select one of the following settings:
      • Automatically deny elevation requests (standard users will not be able to run programs that require elevation, and they will not be prompted)
      • Prompt for credentials (this setting requires user name and password input before an application or task will run as elevated, and it is the default for standard users)

• Click OK.

• Close the Local Security Settings window.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

administrator user name / password

1. administrator user name / password - Similar Threads - administrator user name

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  5. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  7. windows request every time administrator user name and password

windows request every time administrator user name and password: Hello, windows is asking me admin username and password every time i do one of the following: 1. go to run> type "msconfig" 2. update and security > reset this pc or go back to a previous version in general when i go to "regedit" and "sam" i am getting the message that...
  8. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  9. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  10. Change name for user (administrator)

Change name for user (administrator): I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10.... When I go to control panel there is no option to change username under the users section. When I change it by pressing Windows button + R and typing netplwiz it does not...