Windows 10: Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from...

Discus and support Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I've got 2 MS accounts, one linked to an old and now nonexistent email. I cancelled this one and wanted to move my laptop onto the newer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AntonKrueger, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from...

Hi there,

I've got 2 MS accounts, one linked to an old and now nonexistent email. I cancelled this one and wanted to move my laptop onto the newer account, which is fine, it has now removed the old one and only has the new one. But now I don't seem to have administrator privileges anymore...

I can't download or install new software. It asks me for a fingerprint no option for password or pin and it's not recognising my fingerprint. Or maybe it does recognise it but is not allowing it. I do still know the password for the old MS account, so if it would allow me to use password then I would pass the test, but it insists on fingerprint as the only option to change anything to do with User Accounts or administrator privileges.

I'm at my wits end here...I tried re-instating the old MS account, but it hasn't helped. I still can't get passed the fingerprint test. I'm the only person who has ever used this laptop, it's a 100% personal device, nobody else has ever used it, so there can't be any other administrator but myself, and now have been locked out of it somehow. the only time i set up fingerprint was for the lock and start screen, and that still works, so it does recognise me. And when it gets to the administrator test it does seem to recognise me and flashes "Welcome..." but then goes back to the lock.

I'm on a Thinkpad E470, don't know if that makes a difference? Can't i just remove all MS accounts from the machine, that's really what i most want to do. Linking to MS accounts has only caused problems, it takes forever now to warm up. Since i linked to a MS account start time has gone up by 10 minutes.

Please help. I've followed all the advice have found on these columns, i can't right click and make myself administrator can't set it right in command prompt. There is currently only 1 account listed under accounts which is my new MS account, but how do I make it administrator? There does not seem any option to do it. When I click on manage account it takes me to a web page with very general things, no place to make administrator etc...

Any help would be much appreciated as my laptop is crucial to my work. How can I just get out of all of these messy MS accounts and just have a clean machine? Also the MS accounts are forever asking password checks over and over and over, and each time I click - don't ask again on this machine...it's a really cumbersome process...

many thanks!

Anton

:)

AntonKrueger, Jun 16, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from...

Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION?

You can go to settings and then your account and stop the syncing of your device with any others.

Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from... [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from...

1. Administrator woes - how to cancel or merge accounts? Can I unlink all MS accounts from... - Similar Threads - Administrator woes cancel

2. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  3. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  4. How to completely cancel an MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely cancel an MS account: Need to completely cancel an MS account. I've spent an hour trying to find a path to do this to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-cancel-an-ms-account/5c5c0824-2d96-46ae-9cf1-3b9665aa217e
  5. How to completely cancel an MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely cancel an MS account: Need to completely cancel an MS account. I've spent an hour trying to find a path to do this to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-cancel-an-ms-account/5c5c0824-2d96-46ae-9cf1-3b9665aa217e
  6. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  7. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  8. unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account: I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to delete any user account I do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator account Now, let me explain the problem. From my Google searches,...
  9. Merging MS Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging MS Accounts: I have found myself, without realising it, that have 3 MS Accounts and it is driving me to desperation as I never seem to get anywhere with any of them. I simply want to manage all my MS stuff from one account. My original account had an email address which cannot be used...
  10. Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???: This is crazy. I linked my local Administrator account (which has been active since Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 10) to my Microsoft account. I only did this because Microsoft said it would be easier when changing hardware (montherboard died) to re-establish my...