Windows 10: administrator

Discus and support administrator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone help with this issue. It would appear that I have administrator permissions however I can not change adapter settings, Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SquidJ1, May 24, 2020.

1. SquidJ1 Win User

administrator

Hi,

Can someone help with this issue.

It would appear that I have administrator permissions however I can not change adapter settings, Settings >network &internet> Ethernet> change adapter settings.

I get an error message saying that I don't have permissions.

I have tried to get around this by going to device manager to remove and reinstall However i get the same message

"windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions.

:)

SquidJ1, May 24, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 24, 2020
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 24, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

administrator

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

Thema:

administrator

1. administrator - Similar Threads - administrator

2. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  3. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  4. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  6. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  7. Administrator or Administrator ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator or Administrator ?: What if any difference is there between the 2 administrator options shown in attached screen shot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-or-administrator/923c1fd7-8dc6-4225-b4c0-5074b678b2ff
  8. Administrator or Administrator ?

Administrator or Administrator ?: What if any difference is there between the 2 administrator options shown in attached screen shot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-or-administrator/923c1fd7-8dc6-4225-b4c0-5074b678b2ff
  9. windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...: your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available contact it helpdesk for more information...
  10. windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...

windos security . Page not available, your IT administrator has limited access to some...: your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available contact it helpdesk for more information...