Windows 10: Administrator

Discus and support Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, so I have this problem and its been killing me, my pc is telling me that I am an administrator as well as the command prompt, but I have no access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickPlaku, Jun 14, 2021.

1. NickPlaku Win User

Administrator

Hi, so I have this problem and its been killing me, my pc is telling me that I am an administrator as well as the command prompt, but I have no access to anything that needs administrator abilities such as running apps as administrator and opening task manager, so I'm basically limited on my own computer. PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

NickPlaku, Jun 14, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 14, 2021
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Administrator

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

Thema:

Administrator

1. Administrator - Similar Threads - Administrator

2. "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...: I have read every thread I find online about this and nothing has worked. Nothing. I've:deleted the registry entriesclean reset my PC multiple timesinstalled MalwareBytes and scanned for infectionsremoved MalwareBytes tried to scan again with Defenderrepaired and reset...
  3. "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...: I have read every thread I find online about this and nothing has worked. Nothing. I've:deleted the registry entriesclean reset my PC multiple timesinstalled MalwareBytes and scanned for infectionsremoved MalwareBytes tried to scan again with Defenderrepaired and reset...
  4. It is asking for Administrative PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  5. It is asking for Administrative PIN

It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  6. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  7. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  8. It administrator? windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It administrator? windows 11: Hi i have a problem ever since i have wiped my pc its saying that site not Accessible your it administrator has restricted your access to certain areas but i have no it administrator pls help me....
  9. It administrator? windows 11

It administrator? windows 11: Hi i have a problem ever since i have wiped my pc its saying that site not Accessible your it administrator has restricted your access to certain areas but i have no it administrator pls help me....
  10. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...