Windows 10: Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

Discus and support Administrators issue on windows 10 machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, its staff, and people. Today i was hit by a problem i cant understand. I tried everything i could to solve it but in the end i have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MateiReti, May 24, 2020.

1. MateiReti Win User

Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

Hello Microsoft, its staff, and people. Today i was hit by a problem i cant understand. I tried everything i could to solve it but in the end i have the same problem. Problem is : every time i want to run a program as an administrator it would give me the following error: "A device attached to the system is not functioning". I haave found this problem when i tried using task manager to kill an app that became unresponsive. The TaskManager didnt showed up and i tried to Run as an Administrator but the problem would show up. I also tried using CMD and sfc /scannow command which require elevated CMD which of course i couldnt run because the administrator error would show up. I even tried chk dsk comand and auto repair in the Windows Recovery Enviroment...twice. But i had no luck. IF there is no possible solution to this problem i willReset the Machine from Recovery Options which it should solve any issues. I need help and i hope someone here can help me.

Post Edit Note: I am the administrator of the windows 10 machine and i login as an administrator

:)

MateiReti, May 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 administrator issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Note :

I suggest you to refer the suggestion by Vashi on OCT-13-2015
    on issue Administrator permission.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/asking-for-administrators-permission-even-though/add91db2-5f7e-4bac-8e90-fc41b6c92fd5.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 24, 2020
  4. Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

1. Administrators issue on windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Administrators issue machine

2. Windows 10 machine account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 machine account issues: I have a Windows 10 machine I am trying to set RDP permissions for and am having issues. I can't login to the machine with mydomain accounts, I thought this was related to the locked down nature of the machine. I am able to login as local admin and I see the machine is a...
  3. Windows 10 machine account issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 machine account issues: I have a Windows 10 machine I am trying to set RDP permissions for and am having issues. I can't login to the machine with mydomain accounts, I thought this was related to the locked down nature of the machine. I am able to login as local admin and I see the machine is a...
  4. Windows 10 machine account issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue: I somehow have lost the ability to access my Administrative Tools from the Quick Access menu. My apps show up blank. When I search the folder, My shortcuts showing this. I have tried the sfc /scannow and it didn't work. [ATTACH]...
  6. Administrator permission issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission issues on Windows 10: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  7. Administrator permission issues on window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator permission issues on window 10: Hello, I recently bought my laptop off of a dad whose child used it orginally and I cannot perform administrator actions. There is only one account on the laptop and it appears to have administrator permissions when I go on control panel-change account type. On there, it...
  8. Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues

Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues: Hi Everyone! Ever since I started using windows 10 (fresh install), I've had this issue. I go to install a program, or run a program that needs elevated rights, and the program acts like it is in the Admin account, meaning it defaults to the Admin user account's file...
  9. Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...

Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...: Good Day, I installed an old game I had laying around Civ 3, and once installed when I tried to open the game to play I got a prompt that administrative privileges were needed to open file. I am the owner of the pc and administrator, I install and remove programs and set...
  10. Administrator issue in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator issue in windows 10: Hi, ever since I've upgraded into windows 10 i got permission issues. windows 10 is installed in C (which is SSD) and i got another hard drive D. whenever i try to delete file in D i get the following error: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...