Windows 10: Administrators permissions for my account

Discus and support Administrators permissions for my account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the administrator permission from my account. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stuart Seel, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Administrators permissions for my account

I accidentally deleted the administrator permission from my account. How do I get it back?

:)

Stuart Seel, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Administrators permissions for my account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Administrators permissions for my account

1. Administrators permissions for my account - Similar Threads - Administrators permissions account

2. Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.: hey,so, I have 2 accounts on my windows 11:one is a local administrator account that has all the permissions I needed so far to access anything.the second is a windows account the kind that allows sync on multiple machines.on this second account I get an error when trying to...
  3. Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.: hey,so, I have 2 accounts on my windows 11:one is a local administrator account that has all the permissions I needed so far to access anything.the second is a windows account the kind that allows sync on multiple machines.on this second account I get an error when trying to...
  4. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  5. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  6. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Administrative permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative permission: I am trying to delete an old security program, Mcafee, on my laptop and I get the message that I need administrative permission. I am the only user on the laptop. How do I get rid of this unwanted software?...
  8. Administrative permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrative permission: I'm trying to install an Embrpodery program application that has several components. Three of the four components seem to install okay but when I get to the fourth I get a "installer has insufficient priveleges to access this directory. Log on as administrator or contact your...
  9. Permission for Administrators

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission for Administrators: How to remove administrator restrictions on Windows pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-administrators/a0802907-759c-416b-b26a-cbfd5e05c232"
  10. Security settings and permissions for administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security settings and permissions for administrator accounts: Hi! For the past few weeks, I was having problems in writing files in My Documents or any of its sub-folders. If A and B are two folders under Documents, and I want to move/copy a file from A to B, I was not permitted to do that. I had to first move/copy it to Downloads,...