Windows 10: Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .

Discus and support Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I damaged something in Windows 10. I tried to make Task in Task Scheduler . Along that process it asked for PC admin name and pass. well I guess i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OtherWay1982, May 9, 2020.

1. Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .

I damaged something in Windows 10. I tried to make Task in Task Scheduler .
    Along that process it asked for PC admin name and pass. well I guess i forgot the password or what password is needed since first time i bothered with this password in years.

So went about trying to change this password and change the admin in the lists presented to me thinking it was all the same thats when the problem started.

Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running . [​IMG]

I also messed with this too

Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running . [​IMG]

There appeared a transfer notice of files from one admin to the other i guess? but with many errors along the way i canceled it . at the end i couldn't open browsers, the ones that did open lost my bookmarks and tabs and extensions .
    most if not all my software wont open . Even installing the software again, i press it and nothing happens.

restore point didn't help anything either .

Probably going to re install windows. but what do you think ?

:)

OtherWay1982, May 9, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, May 9, 2020
  3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, May 9, 2020
  4. Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .

OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that the issue still persists.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists in the Built-in Administrator account
    (hidden administrator account). To enable the account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Login to the account and check for status.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running .

1. Admins changed resulting in problems with software not running . - Similar Threads - Admins changed resulting

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  4. How to authorize specific software running without admin PIN or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to authorize specific software running without admin PIN or password: I created a local standard user, let's say it A, which is not an administrative user. Here's the target: I want to make some specific software running without admin PIN or password. However, when I try to install or open other software, or modify some system settings,...
  5. Run UWP apps with admin rights, start software as admin without password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run UWP apps with admin rights, start software as admin without password.: Hello everybody, I have two problems regarding user accounts without admin rights: UWP apps: Is there really no way to execute UWP apps like "Settings" with admin rights? Win32/64 software: Would like to run a software with admin rights, but the user should not get the...
  6. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  7. Admin & problems with apps making changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin & problems with apps making changes: how do i change my account to administrator? every time i try to download something on my computer the '' do you allow this app to make changes to you computer'' thing pops up but theres only a ''no'' alternative and a ''write in admin username and password'' without a place...
  8. Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that runs as a service and updates itself problem.: Hello I work for a company that develops a software, that runs as a service and got auto update features. The software detects that its not the latests version. Downloads the updated exe file, stops the service, renames the old file, and finally renames the new updated exe...
  9. Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation: I cannot activate Windows on part of my PC. It started in the following way: I use an old PC where Windows 7 was installed, then I upgraded to Windows 8, then I upgraded part of the PC to Windows 10 and reinstalled the system. After that I activated Windows using settings...
  10. Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem: My computer has only one account and it's an administrator account. I have UAC disabled. If I want to install something, I must run it as administrator or it pops a window says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.A DLL required for this install to...