Windows 10: Adminstrator Log-In Issues

Discus and support Adminstrator Log-In Issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop, with me as the only user and administrator. As a consequence, there is no front end log-in required. When I boot the machine up,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by questforanswer, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Adminstrator Log-In Issues

I have an HP laptop, with me as the only user and administrator. As a consequence, there is no front end log-in required. When I boot the machine up, it goes to my home screen, I open Edge and off I go. However, I would like to block some sports websites that I check too often, taking me away from my work time. I have the directions to do this, going into Notepad and hosts. I added a test website of www.espn.com, but it will not allow me to save the change because I need 'permission". Why? When I set up the PC, I have myself as the administrator but never delved into login issues. IF I am the administrator, why won't it allow me to make changes to my software. Question:

1) I went into accounts. I am listed as the administrator. There is a click/section to set up a password as ??????? Its not clear to me what the consequences are to set up a log-in? Will it then require me to use a password and login every time I use the PC? I don't want that waste of time.

2) If I set up a password /login that will allow me to make the permanent changes occasionally as noted above as administrator, can I then log off and not have to ever log in again until I wish to add other changes.

I'm trying to avoid the 'law of unintended consequences".

Feedback is requested.

:)

questforanswer, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Adminstrator Log-In Issues

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Adminstrator Log-In Issues

1. Adminstrator Log-In Issues - Similar Threads - Adminstrator Log Issues

2. adminstrator games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adminstrator games: i hav e a post that showed the problem so i tried uninstalling the games that i couldnt run the one needing administrator privelage now it says my drives arent set up to install games but i dont know how to make set to intsall games...
  3. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  4. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  5. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows won't let me log in as adminstrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't let me log in as adminstrator.: Hello, I've been having issues logging in as admistrator in windows 10. No matter how I do it, I get the window asking me to give a user name and password, but then I don't get a dialoug box allowing me to do it. Is there a way to solve this problem. [IMG]...
  7. Can not log in with Adminstrer account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log in with Adminstrer account: Unable to log in with Administer account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-log-in-with-adminstrer-account/13138b15-4786-45b8-8fe6-d1b8c891413c
  8. adminstrator information

adminstrator information: I want to edit the spelling of the name of the administrator. I do not want to change the administrator nor the status of the named administrator- only the spelling of the name of the administrator. Any ideas? Thanks....
  9. adminstrator change

adminstrator change: I have never signed in as an administrator, my computer used by me only. However Brother printers say I have to to allow their product to work ( they signed in as admin to test and all worked) So my worry is that if I become the administrator, will I have to set the...
  10. Adminstrator Log on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adminstrator Log on: How do I log on as Administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adminstrator-log-on/29800f44-ea70-4d7b-8fee-26c00c842e9f"