Windows 10: adminstrator rights as sole user

Discus and support adminstrator rights as sole user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IainWatt, Jul 23, 2018.

1. IainWatt Win User

adminstrator rights as sole user

Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using Windows 10 and Outlook 365. Please can you give me a step by step idiot's guide to solving this silly problem? This is a domestic, single user PC. Thank you.

:)

IainWatt, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Artrix8 Win User

Lost Adminstrator rights

So I got my main adminstrator account deleted accidently and now Im left with 1 local account.I tried logging in with built in adminstrator account but it is asking me for password I have never set...I am the only user of the computer.Any help would be
    greatly appreciated...

Artrix8, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Solo User No need for other adminstrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience that occurred to you and understand your frustration.

I would suggest you run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and see if it fixes your issue.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If this doesn't help, then I would suggest you to enable built in administrator and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and click on the Power icon.
    • Click on Restart while pressing the
      Shift key.
    • A blue screen will appear with a few options.
      Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
    • Now, type in your user account password and once Command prompt opens follow the next steps.
    • In Command Prompt type "net user administrator /active:yes".
    • Close Command prompt and restart your system.
    • Login to the built-in administrator (you don't need a password for built-in admin account) and then change you account to Administrator account.
    • Press Windows key and type Control. Click on Control Panel from the list of options.
    • Click on User Account > Manage another account.
    • Select the appropriate user account you want to give administrator rights to and then click on
      Change account type.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Once you have changed the account type, kindly disable built in admin account.
    • Type the following command in elevated command prompt: net user administrator /active:no
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. adminstrator rights as sole user - Similar Threads - adminstrator rights sole

2. Language problems solely on apps, despite settings being right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language problems solely on apps, despite settings being right: It's been like this for a few days now, for some reason, the language on the apps on my laptop have changed drastically, showing symbols rather than English. And I did check language and region settings, on sittings along with the Control Panel method, but nothing seems to...
  3. Language problems solely on apps, despite settings being right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language problems solely on apps, despite settings being right: It's been like this for a few days now, for some reason, the language on the apps on my laptop have changed drastically, showing symbols rather than English. And I did check language and region settings, on sittings along with the Control Panel method, but nothing seems to...
  4. On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user: Good afternoonI have problem with this invited user it won't get deleted i try every method and i want to know about invite user stand for what bc i can't access to it and when i had pc before it was only on user administrator and non invited one...
  5. On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my netplwiz there is adminstrator and an invited user: Good afternoonI have problem with this invited user it won't get deleted i try every method and i want to know about invite user stand for what bc i can't access to it and when i had pc before it was only on user administrator and non invited one...
  6. Adminstrator Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adminstrator Rights: I have been trying to enable Areal on my machine to allow a Sky Go app to fuction properly but it is telling me I am not the adminstrator. Ive have this laptop for years and have been the only user. My account states that I am the adminstrator?...
  7. Expose service on TCP without Adminstrator right

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expose service on TCP without Adminstrator right: Hello, I'm trying to expose a WCF Service over net.TCP on Windows 10. It's working with my C# code launched by a Local Administrator user. It's not working if I remove the Local Administrators group to the user.. It's possible to do that without the Administrator on...
  8. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...
  9. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in Windows 10 Support
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...
  10. Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users: Instead of myself, what I have under Users, is a folder that I had from windows 7 in my network. It was Users/Desktop/MyBaby. When I upgraded to Win10 it added that under Users. My name is nowhere in that win 10 Users folder. I just downloaded the 'Take Ownership' script...