Windows 10: Adminstrator username causing issues

Discus and support Adminstrator username causing issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hammad Khan1, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Adminstrator username causing issues

I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get this result.Is there any way to change my account name or if there isn't is there any other way to change my password?I have access to my account because I know the PIN

:)

Hammad Khan1, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 17, 2022
  3. Username change caused serious problems

Hello NavyLCDR,
    Thanks for your post - I was afraid of a HDD failure too... but it seems so strange on an eight-day-old
    laptop than has not been mistreated. Not impossible, of course.

Anyway, now we have managed to re-install Windows 10, we will watch out for further issues, and should things continue going wrong, the shop has agreed to take the laptop back within the next three weeks, although they are now out of stock, and my daughter really likes it. Maybe it will be OK, though.

Hello dalchina,
    OK, thanks for the warning!
    My daughter is just preparing to create a new disk image. She was getting quite paranoid, so she created another Username and User Account, and thus won´t use the old disk-image anyway.

The Username change that triggered this whole issue was done following Microsoft´s indications using
    netplwiz. It was the single user/administrator name - there are no further users on the laptop.
    My other daughter suggested that the Username change caused this Win10 confusion, but there shouldn´t really be any HDD trouble caused.
    We shall see...

Cheers,
    Van

Van Allen Belt, Jul 17, 2022
  4. Desboro Win User

Adminstrator username causing issues

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Adminstrator username causing issues

1. Adminstrator username causing issues - Similar Threads - Adminstrator username causing

2. Windows UserName issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows UserName issue: I have a batch file which works on numerous computers. But on my new laptop it does not work. My suspicion is that the user name is composed of 2 words. If you look at the included Path that is returned when I go to the folder in file explorer and copy the path as text. On...
  3. Windows UserName issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows UserName issue: I have a batch file which works on numerous computers. But on my new laptop it does not work. My suspicion is that the user name is composed of 2 words. If you look at the included Path that is returned when I go to the folder in file explorer and copy the path as text. On...
  4. adminstrator games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adminstrator games: i hav e a post that showed the problem so i tried uninstalling the games that i couldnt run the one needing administrator privelage now it says my drives arent set up to install games but i dont know how to make set to intsall games...
  5. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  6. Adminstrator username causing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adminstrator username causing issues: I recently forgot my account password and wanted to change it. The only way I know that works is by using command prompt's [net user <username> <password> command. The issue I have been running into is that my admin name contains a space so every time I type the command I get...
  7. adminstrator information

in Windows 10 Customization
    adminstrator information: I want to edit the spelling of the name of the administrator. I do not want to change the administrator nor the status of the named administrator- only the spelling of the name of the administrator. Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. Username change caused serious problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Username change caused serious problems: Hello Folks, I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems after a Username change. My daughter got a new Lenovo Ideapad 520 for her computation studies at university about a week ago, and this i7 Octacore with 16Gb RAM and Windows 10 is certainly fast, and has...
  9. Adminstrator Log-In Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adminstrator Log-In Issues: I have an HP laptop, with me as the only user and administrator. As a consequence, there is no front end log-in required. When I boot the machine up, it goes to my home screen, I open Edge and off I go. However, I would like to block some sports websites that I check too...
  10. Puzzled by username issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Puzzled by username issue: Hello ... In my recent clean install of W10 in the section which shows usernames I am listed as alanDT ... however when I open the 'users' folder on my C drive 2 users' folders are shown i.e. default(which partially grayed out and does not appear to contain any significant...