Windows 10: Admistrator

Discus and support Admistrator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my computer is saying I cant use a game because I am not the administrator - but I am! Any help, please? David... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Beast 88Lambo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Admistrator

my computer is saying I cant use a game because I am not the administrator - but I am! Any help, please?

David

:)

Beast 88Lambo, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Frank1 Win User

Admistrative permission needed

I have Windows 10 and in the Windows old folder there are several sub folders. They are all taking a huge amount of space. When I try to delete them it says I "Admistrative permission needed ". I even took control over them. And this is my personal computer. How can I get them deleted?

Frank1, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Admistrative permission needed

Windows.old can be removed with windows "Disk Clean-Up" utility. After it opens, select the drive containing install location...typically "C". Then select "Clean up system files" at the bottom and then select the check box beside windows.old. Once done, then you can delete the windows.old folder with no issues.

Admistrator [​IMG]

dnasystems, Jan 8, 2021
  4. XweAponX Win User

Admistrator

Admistrative permission needed

The Windows Old folder will not delete after 30 days, or at least did not delete for me, I had to wipe the heck out of it.

If you just want to delete the whole thing, I suggest using Unlocker. You can get it at Major Geeks- Use my link. But the installer has the Babylon Toolbar virus. To install it and avoid the virus, shut off your AV and run the installer (Your AV will detect Babylon in the EXE file). Choose "Custom Install" and when prompted, uncheck all items under "Delta Toolbar". Then you will be OK. I have documented this in the comments section of that tweak on the Major Geeks page. Most free tools have some kind of toolbar added and lately ESET has decided to mark ALL toolbar instalers as Virii. So even CCleaner will have Google Toolbar in it and ESET deletes the package.

After you have installed Unlocker, right click on the Windows.old folder in Explorer. Choose "Unlocker" and you will see one of two interfaces, a small interface or a larger one. The larger one appears if any of the processes in Windows.Old are being called up by another program - Usually Explorer itself. On the bottom left, you will see functions, choose "Delete", on the right side, you will see "Unlock All" or "Kill Process" - Select Unlock All, and it will kill the Explorer thread that has latched on and then it will prompt you to delete the folder.

If the smaller interface comes up, choose "delete" fro the bottom left, then choose "OK" and it will delete everything.

Here are images of the interfaces, the small interface:

Admistrator [​IMG]

And the Large interface:

Admistrator [​IMG]

Once you pull em up you can see other choices. This can also be used to kill a process that's locked. Just remember to choose "Custom Install" for Unlocker and then deselect all Delta Toolbar items.

Unlocker Details Page

XweAponX, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Admistrator

1. Admistrator - Similar Threads - Admistrator

2. I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash: When I open some apps it says that it cannot find the app or that I do not have permission to open the app or file. I can't even open an app when I press run as administrator nothing happens my cursor is just loading but if you wait nothing happens or it crashes. Can someone...
  3. I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash: When I open some apps it says that it cannot find the app or that I do not have permission to open the app or file. I can't even open an app when I press run as administrator nothing happens my cursor is just loading but if you wait nothing happens or it crashes. Can someone...
  4. I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Event log only the Admistrative Events is full of warnings and errors. I have no issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Event log only the Admistrative Events is full of warnings and errors. I have no issue...: The event log is full of errors. I am not facing any issues as such. But still, I want to know if there are any underlying issues. It can help me optimize my PC further for better performance....
  6. My Event log only the Admistrative Events is full of warnings and errors. I have no issue...

My Event log only the Admistrative Events is full of warnings and errors. I have no issue...: The event log is full of errors. I am not facing any issues as such. But still, I want to know if there are any underlying issues. It can help me optimize my PC further for better performance....
  7. When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot...: When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot find script file C:\\ 1.vbs" i tried to create a notepad and type "Wscript.Quit" and saved it as a VBS script file but i cant start the process .Any alternative ways to fix it?...
  8. When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot...

When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot...: When i restart my laptop t straight up booted me to admistrator mode and it said "cannot find script file C:\\ 1.vbs" i tried to create a notepad and type "Wscript.Quit" and saved it as a VBS script file but i cant start the process .Any alternative ways to fix it?...
  9. name on admistrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    name on admistrator account: How do I change the name on my administrator account? My Microsoft account shows the update, but the computer still shows the old name. This should be easier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-on-admistrator-account/37a8b973-9ae2-4313-8298-4d3709ee4b6d
  10. name on admistrator account

name on admistrator account: How do I change the name on my administrator account? My Microsoft account shows the update, but the computer still shows the old name. This should be easier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-on-admistrator-account/37a8b973-9ae2-4313-8298-4d3709ee4b6d