Windows 10: ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10]

Discus and support ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So this is weird. Last week, my PC hit a bit of a snag. It seems to have lost all elevated administrative privileges as far as I can figure out. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ross Jorge, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10]

So this is weird. Last week, my PC hit a bit of a snag. It seems to have lost all elevated administrative privileges as far as I can figure out. Now the problems that I have noticed so far are :-

1. Task Manager does not open at all. Ctrl+Alt+Del pulls up the menu but the TM command does not do anything at all.

2. Certain .exe files that need admin privileges like program installers do not respond.

3. Windows settings have been locked away including account settings.

4. Random but essential commands like run command and so just refuse to work citing "Feature not supported" or error messages along this line.

Now as you can see, the PC is in a bit of a vegetative state. I've searched for solutions online but either they do not work or simply require the very admin rights that I am trying to regain.

All help appreciated.

:)

Ross Jorge, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

I have lost the search facility win 10

If all you lost is the buttons on the Taskbar might right-click it and look at this list:

ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10] [​IMG]

Berton, Sep 27, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 27, 2020
  4. KenBL Win User

ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10]

Search function from right margin in Win 8.1 lost when I upgraded to Win 10.

Search function from right margin in Win 8.1 lost when I upgraded to Win 10.

Now I can't type a Word file name or specific word and get a list of all of
    my
    Word documents or Folders with that word. (I
    hate Cortana - so I'd like to avoid using it). I went from XP to 8.1 and found either platform much easier searching for my files (old and new) than in Win 10.

Is there a way to restore the 8.1 search function in Win 10 or get something that replicates it? Thx.

KenBL, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10]

1. ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST [WIN 10] - Similar Threads - ADMNISTRATIVE RIGHTS LOST

2. Lost admin rights on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost admin rights on windows 10: Hello, I was playing around in computer management because I wanted to get rid of always login in as other user and having to manually input my local account, and lost my admin rights, now I can't access to anything that requires admin rights. It shows "to continue, enter a...
  3. Lost admin rights on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights on windows 10: Hello, I was playing around in computer management because I wanted to get rid of always login in as other user and having to manually input my local account, and lost my admin rights, now I can't access to anything that requires admin rights. It shows "to continue, enter a...
  4. Lost admin rights on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  7. Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition: After changing from MS account to local account and back I fully have lost admin rights of the user. For example, if in command window I do netplwiz, the following window has only no button and there is no yes button. Control panel user account has only 4 menu items on...
  8. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  9. Lost Administrative Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  10. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...