Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation

Discus and support Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i recently had the Windows update had problems with conflicting with the default apps and resetting those settings for PDF handling. After i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by corey407woc, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation

Hi i recently had the Windows update had problems with conflicting with the default apps and resetting those settings for PDF handling. After i uninstalled that update my Adobe Acrobat icons are missing on the start menu and taskbar. I know i can recreate them with short cut editing and placing in the start menu folder. My question is everytime Adobe Acrobat updates it creates a new blank icon and have to do that every time. I'm assuming something was broken in the registry to do this. I have also rebuilt icon.db and installed Adobe reader DC, Adobe XI just to make sure its just the PDF link apparently. If anyone knows how to reconnect the pdf handle and have the adobe icon instead of a blank icon thanks

:)

corey407woc, Feb 26, 2016
  2. maria.w Win User

Pdf files open with Microsoft Edge

I have already done that. I have Adobe Acrobat DC uninstalled and after system restart reinstalled. Furthermore, I have also tried to solve the problem with the installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is all the same. I link the PDFs with Adobe Acrobat
    DC app or Adobe Reader. Sometimes I can open a PDF or another one with Acrobat DC. But the system does not retain this setting. After a short time the screen is refreshed and then all PDFs are again linked with Edge. Very unpleasant, because I have to work
    with Acrobat.

maria.w, Feb 26, 2016
  3. RONLOBECK Win User
    Windows 10: Unable to open PDF files Error "can't open file...no support...possible corruption"

Original title: windows 10 and PDF Files

After installing W10 I am unable to open Documents because I cannot open the PDF file I get and error message from Adobe acrobat sayingsomething along the lines " can't open file...no support...possible corruption" I have installed the latest edition of
    Adobe X1

Hoe can I get these documents?

RONLOBECK, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation

In my experience, the DC version of Adobe Reader doesn't seem to play nicely with Windows 10.
    I've edited the icon too, but something usually gets messed up or reverted.
    I resorted to installing the Adobe Reader 11 version instead.

Edwin, Feb 26, 2016
  5. I've installed the XI version as well and the same thing happens, something is broken in the registry or a setting was change I'm sure of it just don't know how to link it back up

corey407woc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation

1. Adobe Acrobat PDF corrupt Ions after Installation - Similar Threads - Adobe Acrobat PDF

2. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  3. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  4. Adobe acrobat and Microsoft pdf printers are not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe acrobat and Microsoft pdf printers are not showing: I am working on windows 10 and am using Revit. When I go to print, there is no option for Adobe acrobat or Microsoft print to pdf. I think I removed the Microsoft one by accident because it did not have a print in A2 option.?? I have reinstalled Adobe acrobat as the...
  5. Printing a PDF e mail with Adobe Acrobat Reader.DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing a PDF e mail with Adobe Acrobat Reader.DC: Why can I not print a PDF file without buying Adobe Pro DC. How can I print PDF file with my normal Adobe Acrobat Reader DC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-pdf-e-mail-with-adobe-acrobat-readerdc/c9517cc7-5932-4a4f-9517-232b9c81db6a
  6. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  7. Adobe acrobat reader will not install

Adobe acrobat reader will not install: During installation, a message appears " uninstallation of the patch package is not supported. I have performed a disk clean and attempted to install the program again only receiving the same results. I download adobe tool cleaner, no help. please advise...
  8. Filling in forms using PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filling in forms using PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader: After installing updates for Microsoft Windows 10 I cannot fill in a firm that I want to send to another website, such as sending my Name and information to a state to get travel information, screen will go blank and then go back to my apps page. What am I doing wrong...
  9. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...
  10. Adobe Acrobat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Acrobat: I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin...