Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ?

Discus and support Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows 10, this is the free version. Wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Windows 10 does not come with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jds63, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ?

New version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows 10, this is the free version. Wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Windows 10 does not come with a Reader like Windows 8.1 had it uses Microsoft Edge to open PDF. Not to my liking why i ask if anyone has tried it yet.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/prod...df-reader.html

:)

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2015
  3. How can I get Cortana to distiguish between similarly named apps?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't have Reader installed, it is the full professional version, and when I use the complete file name, "Adobe Acrobat DC" Cortana keeps trying to open this other program "Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC".

... Maybe I could try "Acrobat DC". I'll see if that works when I get home tonight.

BenPreston907, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Is working.

Apart from that it features a kind of cloud integration, which I do not want. And I think it has more adverts than Reader 11. All in all, I do not use it. There are way better alternatives out there: Nitro Reader 3 or Foxit Reader are both for free and can be installed on your PC. If you do not install a program, then PDFescape might be for you.

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Thanks for your input, i did use it on Windows 8.1 version 11, but never recalled adverts. Cloud part is something i did not want, have to read more as some of those features may come with paid version more, cloud is a bigger thing now with Windows 10.

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Uh, M$ Reader isn't included in W10, however it's in the Windows Store, free, and can open PDFs. Adobe Acrobat Reader is so bloated, why is anyone still using it?

Also, Foxit Reader is just as bloated now...

nosecureboot, Sep 3, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Yeah, let me check out the Store versions ratings, see what some say though. Never saw free version as that bloated of Acrobat reader, if worried about space or resources.

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Functions like "Create PDF" or "Convert PDF to Word/Excel" basically only point to a "Pay me" function.

Uploading to the cloud, well, uploads to the cloud. That kind of cloud integration has been extended with the new version. And just like you I don't want that. Only because Windows 10 now offers more cloud than Windows 8.1 did, does not mean that suddenly I like it more. And btw. the cloud service of Windows, OneDrive, is a different one compared to what Adobe Reader would use.

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  9. Joergi Win User
    In what regard?

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Thanks for info. Thought adverts meant advertising. Yeah i knew extra functions would be at a cost, knew this from older versions.
    Used Version 11 in 8.1 and was more satisfied then using the Reader in 8.1 and that is same as suggested by nonsecureboot just before, as i read about it in the Store on Windows 10 now.

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  11. With time, almost every piece of software becomes bloated through adware, spyware, and unneeded functions that aren't included as optional plugins. Foxit Reader included, end of story. You can disagree, that's fine.

12. Joergi Win User
    I don't disagree, I would only like to know, where Foxit Reader is bloated.

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  13. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ?

I've never installed it before, but 41MB download is a pretty hefty program, though the website claims it is small and fast: Foxit PDF Download Center | Foxit Software

Compare with MS Reader, which is less than 5.

EDIT** Acrobat Reader (DC) is over 180MB... quite larger.

DustSailor, Sep 3, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Just read a con about Foxit reader, installs adware by default. Just noting something from OP posting here.

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  15. Thx DustSailer, I agree and appreciate your answer, however certain types of questions just aren't really worth answering, at least on the net.

After Adobe Reader became bloated and bad I used Foxit Reader, but now Foxit Reader is also bloated and bad and have since moved on. I suggest others look into this as well.

M$ Reader seems less bloated, by a lot, however, the file size comparison may not tell the whole story because M$ Reader might be using a lot of libraries that are included in W10.

Thema:

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ? - Similar Threads - Adobe Acrobat Reader

2. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello,I cannot unistall or repair or install Adobe Reader DC. Obviously I corrupted it for some reason, quite awhile ago, but finally decided to try and fix it now.I have tried everything I read online, using different 'fix it tools' but to no avail nothing has worked. It...
  3. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello,I cannot unistall or repair or install Adobe Reader DC. Obviously I corrupted it for some reason, quite awhile ago, but finally decided to try and fix it now.I have tried everything I read online, using different 'fix it tools' but to no avail nothing has worked. It...
  4. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  6. Adobe Acrobat reader DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat reader DC: Hi, Can anyone please advise how to get Acrobat reader DC to open on my PC. When I try to open the app a message comes up that the exe. file can't be found. I have uninstalled and re installed the app numerous times. Any advise please. Thanks...
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  9. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  10. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997