Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

Discus and support Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A friend of mine called me asking for help converting an important document from a PDF to a DOC. I go to a website to convert the PDF and when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ianisawaffle, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

A friend of mine called me asking for help converting an important document from a PDF to a DOC. I go to a website to convert the PDF and when I open it it gives me this...
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File [​IMG]
    . I then go to open the PDF in Edge and Firefox (they are the only other PDF viewers I have other than Adobe) and they give me these messages...

. But when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it shows the document normally. It only opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I don't know what was done to the file before it was given to me and I have tried printing it to a PDF and opening it but it gives me the same error. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

ianisawaffle, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Archon_SD Win User
    pdf viewing disappeared in Windows 10 file explorer preview pane

This worked for me, but I also had to make Adobe PDF Reader DC the default PDF viewer. Without doing that, even though it was installed, the icon images in Explorer on the PDF files all referred to Edge. Switch to Adobe as the default PDF viewer, after
    enabling the thumbnails as shown here, resulted in the preview thumbnails immediately filling in.

Archon_SD, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File - Similar Threads - Adobe Acrobat Reader

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11

Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11: Hello. I can´t view thumbnails of my pdfs in my windows 11. I´ve done the fix downloaded from https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html#downlBut it doesn´t work.More solutions?...
  6. Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11: Hello. I can´t view thumbnails of my pdfs in my windows 11. I´ve done the fix downloaded from https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html#downlBut it doesn´t work.More solutions?...
  7. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  8. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  9. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  10. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot