Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat

Discus and support Adobe Acrobat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ukat102, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ukat102 Win User

Adobe Acrobat

I received an update last night from Adobe Acrobat. The program now closes after about 30 seconds. After 2 hour on the phone today with Adobe they are saying the Admin user needs permissions form MS. Either MS needs to give permission to my account or to migrate my Admin account user to the Test user we created today as it will work with the Test User.

:)

ukat102, Oct 5, 2018

2. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Adobe Acrobat and Windows 10

Hi Dianne,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you have issues with acrobat reader, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the application.

• To uninstall, type appwiz.cpl
    • Right click adobe acrobat reader and then Uninstall
      it.
    You may also check for the reader app in store and then install it.

Ravinath P, Oct 7, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Adobe Acrobat

NVIDIA GPUs Accelerate Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8

NVIDIA Corporation, today announced that the Adobe Acrobat 8 product family and Adobe Reader 8 now offer a new page display rendering mode, which uses the graphics processing unit (GPU) to accelerate the drawing and display of pages in PDF format. Building upon the recent performance improvements of Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8, Adobe has leveraged the power and programmability of the GPU to further turbocharge the display of 2D content in PDF documents.

"NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro GPUs let users do more with PDF files, and faster," said Pam Deziel, director, platform product marketing, Adobe Systems Incorporated. "Panning, scrolling, zooming…Virtually every major function in Adobe Reader 8 that takes advantage of the GPU will receive a tangible boost in performance. Things people may have avoided in the past, such as deeply detailed zoomable maps, are now easily displayed."

“Adobe Reader boasts a distribution of over 500 million copies worldwide and Adobe Acrobat is used by leading enterprises to drive key document processes based on PDF. NVIDIA is turbocharging the experience of those users upgrading to Reader 8.0," John Vifian, content evangelist at NVIDIA, “Using a powerful GeForce 6, 7, or 8 Series GPU makes skimming through digitized documentation no different – and, in many cases, easier – than holding the real-world equivalent right before your eyes. GPU acceleration in Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat represents a significant step forward in an increasingly paperless world."

Enabled only on modern, powerful GPUs, the feature “2D GPU ACCELERATION" enhances the interactivity of page display and allows fluid zooming and panning of complex documents. This results in a performance boost, as well as sharper, crisper display of text and imagery while zooming through rich, large documents. The ability of the GPU to display PDF files in such an interactive manner enables truly fluid handling of electronic documents, whether they be subway maps, architectural blueprints, trail maps, or lengthy catalogs and e-books.

More information on Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8, including a list of supported GPUs, can be found at www.adobe.com. More information on NVIDIA GPUs and the graphics cards and motherboards that feature them can be found at www.nvidia.com.

Source: NVIDIA

malware, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Acrobat

1. Adobe Acrobat - Similar Threads - Adobe Acrobat

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt: Hello,we have Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP345XLA with CPU Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz and Windows 11 Home 22H2. The system has been set up in June 2023 and is still close to a fresh Microsoft Windows installation aside from the typical preinstalled manufacturer tools. All...
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt: Hello,we have Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP345XLA with CPU Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz and Windows 11 Home 22H2. The system has been set up in June 2023 and is still close to a fresh Microsoft Windows installation aside from the typical preinstalled manufacturer tools. All...
  4. Is it safe to download Adobe Acrobat Reader onto my windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to download Adobe Acrobat Reader onto my windows 10 device?: When starting to download Acrobat reader, I got a message saying it could damage certain files, both word and pdf. Is it safe to install the Reader?...
  5. Is it safe to download Adobe Acrobat Reader onto my windows 10 device?

Is it safe to download Adobe Acrobat Reader onto my windows 10 device?: When starting to download Acrobat reader, I got a message saying it could damage certain files, both word and pdf. Is it safe to install the Reader?...
  6. How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in...: How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in software center installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-the-adobe-acrobat-dc-to-the-windows/8d192a05-3023-4deb-ad9f-d16c65f644e5
  7. How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in...

How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in...: How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in software center installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-the-adobe-acrobat-dc-to-the-windows/8d192a05-3023-4deb-ad9f-d16c65f644e5
  8. How to put the adobe acrobat DC to the windows start menu? previously installed and it's in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why: adobe acrobat reader is not working that pdf files are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-files-cannot-be-opened-why/fb1ecfe9-c84a-44e7-b29c-fda2147bc2ef
  10. adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why

adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why: adobe acrobat reader is not working that pdf files are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-files-cannot-be-opened-why/fb1ecfe9-c84a-44e7-b29c-fda2147bc2ef