Windows 10: Adobe Air installation error

Discus and support Adobe Air installation error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for a long time now to update Adobe Air but I keep getting this error: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dsamalot, Jul 21, 2017.

1. dsamalot Win User

Adobe Air installation error

I have been trying for a long time now to update Adobe Air but I keep getting this error:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the administrator. Every thing I find online is outdated (not for Win 10). I have software that needs Adobe Air and I'd like to update.

Thank you.
    Diana

:)

dsamalot, Jul 21, 2017

2. Adobe Air won't update

Adobe Air tries to update to v. 20, but gives an error message "An error occurred while installing Adobe Air. Installation may not be allowed by your Administrator. Please contact your administrator." I have tried running the update as administrator,
    and I have turned off my virus and anti-malware apps while trying to update. Still, I get the same error message.

Is there any way to update Air?

irinaCreek, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Adobe Air installation error

hi dsamalot.

Had a very similar issue the other day with reader. I uninstalled reader and then installed fresh right from adobe.com site. \

Might work in your situation as well.

I would never push anyone away from forum but Adobe also has forum and help page.

Adobe AIR Learn & Support

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 21, 2017
  5. dsamalot Win User
    Hi Ken,
    Thank you for replying.

Yeah, I've tried to uninstall and I still get the same message so cannot uninstall. I had also looked into Adobe's support but most of their information is actually outdated.

Any other ideas?
    Thank you *Smile

dsamalot, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Well, you could try creating another Admin account and see if you have success with it.

You could also enable the built in Administrator account and with its authority remove it. I would then disable buit in Admin.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Air installation error

1. Adobe Air installation error - Similar Threads - Adobe Air installation

2. macbook air m2 install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    macbook air m2 install issues: ok so ive pulled the trigger on purchasing the parallels 19 for the silicon m2 macbook air, ive entered the registration key and it installed but i KEEP GETTING A POP UP TELLING ME THAT WINDOWS 11 IS NOT ACTIVATED??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?...
  3. macbook air m2 install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    macbook air m2 install issues: ok so ive pulled the trigger on purchasing the parallels 19 for the silicon m2 macbook air, ive entered the registration key and it installed but i KEEP GETTING A POP UP TELLING ME THAT WINDOWS 11 IS NOT ACTIVATED??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?...
  4. Adobe Air

Adobe Air: Is Adobe Air safe software to have on Windows 11 I need it to enable updates for my Amplifier.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-air/f8cfb1f2-786c-4e0c-a568-46e887e337a5
  5. Adobe Air

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Air: Is Adobe Air safe software to have on Windows 11 I need it to enable updates for my Amplifier.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-air/f8cfb1f2-786c-4e0c-a568-46e887e337a5
  6. Error after installing Adobe Photoshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error after installing Adobe Photoshop: Hi After I installed Adobe Photoshop, I got this error when i tried to open it. Can you please help me how can i fix this error? The error is this: "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."...
  7. bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air

bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air: I have windows 10 iso disc image, it is not installed in my MacBook Air always says bootcamp installation failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-installation-failed-in-macbook-air/905399a2-845b-4467-a91a-3d926ca07b31
  8. App installer | adobe XD Error 191

App installer | adobe XD Error 191: I have windows 10 Education version. I want to install adobe XD but I get error 191. I noticed from online adobe support article that I need to install the app installer and activate the side bar in window 10. I went to Microsoft soft to install the app but I get a message...
  9. Problems in windows 10 with Adobe AIR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems in windows 10 with Adobe AIR: I installed an application (SportZone 1.5.1), which in order to work requires Adobe AIR software. With Windows 10 not working (SportZone 1.5.1 gets blue background and does not show the image)! I need help, to solve the problem! Has anyone had the same problem?...
  10. Uninstalling Adobe AIR

Uninstalling Adobe AIR: I've been trying to uninstall Adobe AIR 3.0 from my Windows 10 system. I've found several suggestion listed in the Community but they are for older Windows OS. Does anyone know how to uninstall it?...