Windows 10: Adobe Digital Edition

Discus and support Adobe Digital Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ADE has been a long standing problem. This time it doesn't even download properly. When can we hope for a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GiseleFoti, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Adobe Digital Edition

ADE has been a long standing problem. This time it doesn't even download properly. When can we hope for a fix?

:)

GiseleFoti, Nov 16, 2018

2. EBOOK OPENS IN EDGE INSTEAD OF DOWNLOADING TO ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS

We appreciate your quick response to the query. The update, which was installed on your Windows 10 PC may have made some changes which cause the matter at hand. For case isolation, we suggest that you check if an option for Adobe Digital Editions is available,
    kindly follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the Settings icon; then select View Downloads.
    • Select one of the Ebooks that you have downloaded; click on the dropdown beside the Open option; then select
      Open with.
    • A small windows will pop up. Select Adobe Digital Editions; then click
      OK.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Downloading to Kobo with Adobe Digital Editions

Hi Roger,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the programs on Windows 10 operating system. You can try installing the program software in
    compatibility mode and check if the software works.

Follow the steps below to install the software in compatibility mode and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps:

Adobe Digital Editions

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Unable to open .acsm file in Digital Editions because it tries to open in Adobe Reader

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query to Adobe support as they will be better equipped to help you with the above issue.

Community: Adobe Digital Editions | Adobe Community

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Adobe Digital Edition

.acsm files to digital edition

On my windows 10 adobe digital editions not listed in default app settings.

Opening program is set as adobe reader and i cannot download in book format.

Any suggestions!

paulkaldelis, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Digital Edition

1. Adobe Digital Edition - Similar Threads - Adobe Digital Edition

2. Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!: I am trying to download an E-book for my Kaplan NCLEX test prep. It come in ACSN format and REQIRES me to have Adobe Digital Edition to open the file that will download the book (the .acsn file itself is not the book, but a file that tells ADE to install the book). but when I...
  3. Digital editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Digital editing: Can the Microsoft Digital Image Pro version 7 be upgraded to version 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-editing/dd2f7f18-f6c9-4174-9bee-4d7b9e1854c8
  4. Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10: I cannot launch Adobe Digital Editions on my Windows 10 computer at all. The remedies all over the internet I tried included: moving and deleting folder, fixing install, reinstall, install to a non-standard place, but after launch application invariably stops at once, without...
  5. Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10

Unable to access Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 10: I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10...
  6. Adobe Digital Editions

Adobe Digital Editions: I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10...
  7. Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10

Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10: Dear all, I am using a Surface Pro tablet (Windows 10) and try to run Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10. It does not work, instead it sticks to the taskbar and cannot be opened. This problem only appears on my tablet, not on my laptop (also Windows 10). Does anybody know how to...
  8. Adobe digital editions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe digital editions: Once again the latest download from MS has caused my Adobe Digital Editions to stop allowing my ereader from opening library books. Latest download was Version 1809 x 64 - KB4489899. Library books can be downloaded to the adobe and then downloaded to the kobo ereader but...
  9. Problem with Adobe Digital Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with Adobe Digital Edition: I always have problems with Adobe Digital Edition because it freezes or sometimes doesn’t want to download properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adobe-digital-edition/0bd8381d-5b48-413c-a902-132e47505233"
  10. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.: There is no problem with 4.0.3. However after I click the Digital Edition 4.5.4 shortcut, the mouse cursor become a loading blue circle for a while, and nothing happen. My OS is Windows 10 creator update 15063.138. Will next Windows update solve this problem? 82604