Windows 10: Adobe flash player plugin has crashed

Discus and support Adobe flash player plugin has crashed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep on geting this error while I try to watch like live webcam or flash video.Youtube works fine but when I try to load webpage like live webcam in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frozensun, Aug 11, 2016.

1. frozensun Win User

Adobe flash player plugin has crashed

I keep on geting this error while I try to watch like live webcam or flash video.Youtube works fine but when I try to load webpage like live webcam in firefox it crashes,then I click reload but keep on getting following message:
    What's the solution?

:)

frozensun, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Thom2702 Win User

Cannot watch some videos, the message Flash Player plugin required displays

Original Title: Adobe Flash Player

I cannot watch some videos. The message Flash Player plugin required displays. Worked until I installed Windows 10, 64 bit, using Mozilla Firefox. After installation I get Flash Player has crashed. None of the troubleshooting tips have worked. Any Ideas
    on how to get this to work?

Thom2702, Aug 11, 2016
  3. RayTrue Win User
    Plugins

Solved my problem. Google Chrome doesn't support the new Adobe Flash player update! Chrome has their own built in flash player. so had to disable that flash player update, then the videos that would not plugin started working again!

RayTrue, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Adobe flash player plugin has crashed

Hi:

What browser and (where applicable) what version of that browser?
    Edge?
    IE?
    Firefox?
    Chrome?
    Other?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 11, 2016
  5. frozensun Win User
    Upgraded to firefox 48.0 and still get the same error.I'm using latest version of shockwave flash player.

frozensun, Aug 11, 2016
  6. I was having problems also, I found a page about Hidden Microsoft Edge Settings, worked for me. Hope is helps.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/about-...g-edge-firefox

Beanie2748, Aug 12, 2016
  7. I think the OP is using Firefox, not Edge?
    But perhaps there's something at that link that might help...
    ----
    @frozensun:

Have you tried reinstalling Adobe Flash Player?
    • Download and save the Flash Player uninstaller from here: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
    • Make sure Firefox is closed.
    • Right-click the Flash Player uninstaller and "Run As Administrator".
    • Download and save the current version of Adobe Flash Player for Firefox (22.0.0.209) from here or here
    • Run the installer.

Also, you might try disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox. See here:

Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again

Please let us know if this resolves your issue, so that we can all learn.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
  8. frozensun Win User

Disable hardware acceleration in Flash

Many Flash problems can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings (Adobe's Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has details). To disable hardware acceleration in Flash:

• Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
    • Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page, then click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
    • Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
      I don't seen any logo on that webpage?How do I get option to disable hardware acceleration?When I right click on flash video I don't get any options.

frozensun, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Hi:

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash Player? That would be the first step.

Then:
    Here are a couple of screen caps to illustrate the process.

Hope this helps,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
  10. @MoxieMomma
    The link was not just for Firefox, It is for Hidden configuration pages offer additional settings for Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/about-...g-edge-firefox
    I use Edge, and it did fix my Flash problems I have been having since the new Windows Update. They changed the Flash Plugin/Flash for security reasons. But the have hidden settings to work around it.

Beanie2748, Aug 12, 2016
  11. Understood.
    However, the OP reports issues with Firefox, not Edge or IE or Chrome.
    It may be confusing to discuss problems with Edge or IE or Chrome.
    So, I suggest that we might stick with the OP's original issue first, with Flash Player on Firefox, not the other browsers.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
  12. Sorry, first time using these, I got ya! I was using FireFox but starting in August 2016 they are blocking Flash Player. That might be why. I don't know, but mine would not work so I moved to ME. Thanks for all the info
    Mozilla will start blocking Flash in Firefox this August | ZDNet

Beanie2748, Aug 12, 2016
  13. frozensun Win User

I've tried with Chrome,works normal.
    Yep,disabling HW acceleration solved the problem,but image quality is poor.

frozensun, Aug 12, 2016
  14. "Blocking by default" -- and needing to enable Flash Player manually -- is not the same as having the Flash Player plug-in *crash*.
    It's a different issue.
    Flash Player for IE/Edge and for Chrome are different beasts.
    As the OP reports the issue ONLY for Flash Player with Firefox, it's probably less confusing to keep those other browsers out of the discussion for now.

Thanks for your help,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
  15. Can you please confirm that you followed the original suggestion to cleanly remove and then reinstall Flash Player, as suggested in Reply #5?

If you have done that and have disabled hardware acceleration, then the next steps might be to try some of the suggestions here:

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Adobe flash player plugin has crashed - Similar Threads - Adobe flash player

2. adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe flash player: HelloI have Incredimail since years ago but now not working , when i try to open it an image message pops up tells that will not work unless i install Flash to computer , but the adobe flash player is installed already on laptop, i send you the screenshot of the message and...
  3. adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash player: HelloI have Incredimail since years ago but now not working , when i try to open it an image message pops up tells that will not work unless i install Flash to computer , but the adobe flash player is installed already on laptop, i send you the screenshot of the message and...
  4. Adobe flash player

Adobe flash player: after the new removal update i cant install from another source adobe flash player any help? I think all the sources have the installation from adobe and adobe is blocking the installation from their servers is there any solution can i install adobe flash player again?...
  5. adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adobe flash player: How do I play games that need adobe flash player now that's no longer available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player/c7ea5120-9e94-4a92-8707-8870c8904266
  6. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash Player: I get the message Adobe Flash Player blocked on a gaming site I play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player/181c21d3-96dd-4597-8a4a-3e56d8eb7c43
  7. Adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe flash player: yesterday, my windows10 did an automatic update, and now spectrum.com won't play live streaming on my laptop, saying I have to activate flash player. The updates where for adobe flash player security. Do I have to install flash player again, or do something else?...
  8. Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player: I upgraded to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 as I had a notice now adobe flash player only works one time and I have to click to allow adobe flash player each time. What is up?...
  9. Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player: I upgraded to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 as I had a notice now adobe flash player only works one time and I have to click to allow adobe flash player each time. What is up?...
  10. Adobe Flash Player

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player: Hi,Adobe Flash Player comes with Win 10,I have it enabled but recently went onto an account to pay a bill online (using Edge browser) and it said I needed the latest version of Adobe Flash,Adobe site tells me Flash is built into Win 10. Internet Explorer gives me access to my...