Windows 10: Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't open files

Discus and support Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't open files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most programs on my Adobe CS3 work just fine in Windows 10, but I'm having problems with Illustrator. The program will run, but I get an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by commgirl, Sep 5, 2015.

1. commgirl Win User

Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't open files

Most programs on my Adobe CS3 work just fine in Windows 10, but I'm having problems with Illustrator. The program will run, but I get an error message every time I try to open a file or start a new document. My error message says "The program has stopped working" and it forces me to close the program.

I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Creative Suite, and filing a compatibility report, but nothing has worked so far. My mom is using the same user certificate on her Windows 10 machine and it works perfectly, but I haven't had any luck with my computer.

Any ideas about what I can do?

:)

commgirl, Sep 5, 2015

2. Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't open files

Hi Jayme,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Which version of Adobe Illustrator are you currently using?

Did you check if the Adobe version you currently possess is compatible with Windows 10 or not?

Have you upgraded your version of Adobe Illustrator?

Check if the product you own is compatible with Windows 10 from the Compatibility Center:

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

Method 1: Perform Clean Boot and check if the issue is resolved.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Following link is an article about How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2: If it doesn’t work, then try the following link on
    HOW TO: Install a Software Application using Compatibility Mode:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/cdd894f8-1ee2-43e5-952b-d04c25779a7f/how-to-install-a-software-application-using-compatibility-mode?forum=w7itproappcompat

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Jayme7614 Win User

Most programs on my Adobe CS3 work just fine in Windows 10, but I'm having problems with Illustrator. The program will run, but I get an error message every time I try to open a file or start a new document. My error message says "The program has stopped
    working" and it forces me to close the program.

I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Creative Suite, and filing a compatibility report, but nothing has worked so far. My mom is using the same user certificate on her Windows 10 machine and it works perfectly, but I haven't
    had any luck with my computer. I did not use Illustrator on my earlier Vista machine, so I'm not sure if my current problem is just a compatibility issue or if something else is wrong.

Any ideas about what I can do?

Jayme7614, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

So Photoshop works OK. Maybe it is file association problem?

Gary, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    > "The program has stopped working" and it forces me to close the program.

That doesn't look like it works ok, but obviously, as seen on the other PC, it can work ok. The question it why it doesn't in this case...

If the file associations are wrong, I would expect the following to happen:
    - You doubleclick a file, Illustrator comes up and maybe crashes. I think that is what happens. But if it's only the file association, then the following should work fine:
    - Open Illustrator without opening a file. In Illustrator go to File > Open, select a file and open it from there.
    Is that working?

Apart from that: "The program has stopped working" is the common application crash message. It can happen with every program on more or less every occasion. What is the procedure to debug such application crashes?

Joergi, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I will wait for a response from the OP. She has very little in her system specs. Various things can cause a program to stop working, a bad disk, memory..etc.

Gary, Sep 6, 2015
  7. vishi Win User
    illustrator opens on windows 10 without opening a file BUT...
    BUT when I try opening a file through it, it again crashes...

Is there a way to open a file with AI CS3 *Sad

vishi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't open files - Similar Threads - Adobe Illustrator CS3

2. My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.: My .jar apps opens into illustrator adobe. I accidentally made it the default program. I have tried to reset but it just won't reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-jar-apps-opens-in-illustrator-adobe/8eaed04c-c5e7-4ce8-abba-2dc7383755b8
  3. My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.: My .jar apps opens into illustrator adobe. I accidentally made it the default program. I have tried to reset but it just won't reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-jar-apps-opens-in-illustrator-adobe/8eaed04c-c5e7-4ce8-abba-2dc7383755b8
  4. My .jar apps opens in Illustrator adobe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Adobe illustrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe illustrator: 2 Adobe illustrator Adobe IL? : APC_INDEX_MISMATCH : win32kfull.sys [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%80%E6%89%93%E9%96%8Badobe-illustrator/9a4841f0-9bdb-4dfc-b896-44c8be5c08e5
  6. Adobe Illustrator Icon Always Highlighted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adobe Illustrator Icon Always Highlighted: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MadeOfEyelashes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5yh6t/adobe_illustrator_icon_always_highlighted/
  7. Adobe Photoshop CS3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Photoshop CS3: Windows 7 support is coming to an end, so I bought a Dell with Windows 10 and downloaded my Adobe photoshop CS3 installation disc and it downloaded but it will not open. The message is "Adobe photoshop CS3 is not responding". Thanks, Mike...
  8. can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator: Restored my computer and now Adobe CS3, word, and a couple other programs will not open unless I open as administrator. Dragon naturally speaking won't open at all. Can someone help?...
  9. adobe illustrator and s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe illustrator and s mode: I need to install adobe illustrator and creative cloud on my new laptop, but it's not letting me get those apps because the computer is operating in s mode. What risks am I susceptible to if I turn of s mode?...
  10. Adobe Illustrator Can't open the illustration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Illustrator Can't open the illustration: Working in AI 10.3 on a Mac, opened a file to update, Save, closed and later tried re-opening the file and got the following message: Can't open the illustration. The illustration contains an incomplete or garbled object description. offending operator: ',' Context:...