Windows 10: Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

Discus and support Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jane Matthews1, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online support!!! remotely accessed my computer and repaired and then re-installed Adobe DC on my computer. However, still the same problem.The Adobe agent then went into the Admin mode and Adobe worked perfectly!They suggested I contact Microsoft as they said it was a Windows issue.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??? I USE COMPUTE

:)

Jane Matthews1, Aug 15, 2022

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 15, 2022
  3. malware Win User
    Yahoo and Adobe Partner to Include Ads in PDF Documents

Soon Adobe's popular document format will include functionality to support advertising, thanks to a new partnership with Yahoo. The two companies are framing the service as a way to allow publishers to offer their content on an ad-supported basis. This could also accelerate the adoption of PDF as a way to deliver paper content to subscribers in electronic form. Ads within the PDFs would appear in a side panel and would only be viewable by those using Adobe's readers, as to "not disrupt the viewing experience." Ads would be dynamically matched to the content within the PDF, Adobe said. "By partnering with Yahoo on this innovative advertising service, we are creating opportunities for publishers to build new businesses around unique content that previously was just given away or not available to a mass online audience," Adobe corporate development chief Rob Tarkoff said. The offering would be in beta for several months, and would be open initially only to US English-language publishers.

Source: BetaNews

malware, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

Open a PDF with Adobe's PDF Reader

Firstly, open Office on the phone and see if your PDF document shows up. If it does then tap on it to open it and you will be given a choice of which PDF reader you would like to open your document with (assuming you have more than one PDF reader) otherwise
    Adobe reader will launch.

If the PDF isn't present within the Office app then try moving the document to the Documents folder on the phone or to your Skydrive folder.

The next time you launch Adobe Reader your PDF document will show up in the app.

Ray Hipkiss, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

1. Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago! - Similar Threads - Adobe opening pdf

2. Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  3. Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  4. Adobe not opening pdf's. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  6. Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe not opening pdf documents. It was fine 2 days ago!: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and use pdf's regularly for work documents.Two days ago I could open them with Adobe which is the default program without any issues. Today Adobe would not open them.Adobe support much better than Microsoft as you can actually get online...
  7. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  8. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  9. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d
  10. Open pdf documents with 2 different applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open pdf documents with 2 different applications: Hello, Is it possible to link different pdf documents to different pdf readers? I would like to be able to open some specific PDF documents with a tool called PDF-viewer and all other PDF documents with acrobat. I know I can right click on the document and select "open...