Windows 10: Adobe pdf desktop icons

Discus and support Adobe pdf desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GilStamper, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Adobe pdf desktop icons

I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be appreciated.

:)

GilStamper, Oct 5, 2018

2. Adobe Icon

The icon now showing on all my PDF's is now a white rectangle outlined in red with the Adobe symbol in red in the middle and the letters PDF below.

I have tried changing the icon via the shortcut under Adobe properties. The icon to select looks like what I want...box outlined in red, black background, and the adobe symbol in white, without the "PDF" below it.

How can I get the icon to be what I want it to be, what shows in the list. By the way, it is the only icon which shows in the list, coming from the file

%SystemRoot%\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0C0F074E4100}\_SC_Acrobat.ico

Thank you!

Mike Baker (mike.baker), Oct 6, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Adobe Releases Fix for PDF Security Flaw

Adobe has finally issued an update for its Acrobat Reader products. This patch updates Adobe Reader to version 8.1.1 and addresses several known issues, one of which is the PDF bug we reported here. Adobe recommends that all Adobe Reader 8 users apply this update.
    • Close a potential security vulnerability on Windows XP computers that have Internet Explorer 7 installed (CVE-2007-5020); see the Adobe Security Bulletin (APSB07-18) concerning this issue
    • Address several PDF forms-related issues
    • Provide additional stability
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Adobe

malware, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Adobe pdf desktop icons

Adobe to Release PDF for Industry Standardization

AN JOSE, Calif. — Jan. 29, 2007 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that it intends to release the full Portable Document Format (PDF) 1.7 specification to AIIM, the Enterprise Content Management Association, for the purpose of publication by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

PDF has become a de facto global standard for more secure and dependable information exchange since Adobe published the complete PDF specification in 1993. Both government and private industry have come to rely on PDF for the volumes of electronic records that need to be more securely and reliably shared, managed, and in some cases preserved for generations. Since 1995 Adobe has participated in various working groups that develop technical specifications for publication by ISO and worked within the ISO process to deliver specialized subsets of PDF as standards for specific industries and functions. Today, PDF for Archive (PDF/A) and PDF for Exchange (PDF/X) are ISO standards, and PDF for Engineering (PDF/E) and PDF for Universal Access (PDF/UA) are proposed standards. Additionally, PDF for Healthcare (PDF/H) is an AIIM proposed Best Practice Guide. AIIM serves as the administrator for PDF/A, PDF/E, PDF/UA and PDF/H.

“Today’s announcement is the next logical step in the evolution of PDF from de facto standard to a formal, de jure standard,” said Kevin Lynch, senior vice president and chief software architect at Adobe. “By releasing the full PDF specification for ISO standardization, we are reinforcing our commitment to openness. As governments and organizations increasingly request open formats, maintenance of the PDF specification by an external and participatory organization will help continue to drive innovation and expand the rich PDF ecosystem that has evolved over the past 15 years.”

Adobe will release the full PDF 1.7 specification as defined in the PDF Reference Manual available at www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html to AIIM for the purpose of submission to ISO. The joint committee formed under AIIM will identify issues to be addressed, as well as proposed solutions, and will develop a draft document that will then be presented to a Joint Working Group of ISO for development and approval as an International Standard. AIIM holds the secretariat for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Committee (TC) 171 and 171 SC2 for Document Management Applications, and is the administrator for the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to ISO TC 171 that represents the U.S. at international meetings.

“As the administrator for several specialized ISO standard subsets of PDF, AIIM is pleased to receive this proposal from Adobe,” said John Mancini, President, AIIM. “Over the last several years we have seen and in many cases helped facilitate a range of ongoing market and customer focused efforts around PDF. These efforts have grown so broadly that it now makes sense for Adobe to let the full specification serve as a unifying umbrella and submit it for approval under the formal ISO standards process.”

Source: Adobe

Jimmy 2004, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Adobe pdf desktop icons

1. Adobe pdf desktop icons - Similar Threads - Adobe pdf desktop

2. Adobe pdf printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Adobe pdf printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  4. PDF icons on desktop are black squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF icons on desktop are black squares: Adobe Acrobat PDF icons have turned black on the desktop.I have tried numerous fixes - none seem to holdOne was to go to Control Panel - Admin Tools - and run Cleanupgo back to desktop and right click Refreshthis works to get rid of the black icons, but then they come right...
  5. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  6. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  7. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, I think the following is not a windows 10 problem, but I will ask for help anyway.When I receive by mail any pdf document and open it just to read it, on closing the file I am asked if I want to save the changes..., but I did nothing to change anything.Searched the...
  8. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?: I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used...