Windows 10: Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

Discus and support Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2yanks, Aug 11, 2022.

1. 2yanks Win User

Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks.

:)

2yanks, Aug 11, 2022

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    MS Edge overpowering Adobe

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in settings adobe as your default app to access PDF files, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader from the website:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

(Follow the steps 1, 2, & 3)

Step 2: After you install the application, follow the below to set it as a default application to open .pdf files.

• Right click on any of the PDF files, click on Open with option.
    • If you don't find Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on More apps
      under Other options
    • After selecting the application, place a check mark on Always use this app to open .pdf files
      and click on Ok
    Try the below steps and check if the same issue occurs again.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 11, 2022
  4. pjrk101 Win User

Microsoft Print to PDF creates a file that Adobe is unable to open

In my case, I use Microsoft Print to PDF for mostly emails in MS Outlook 2016 with Windows 10. I have no problems opening most PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The ones that do get the OP's error message when opened in Adobe Reader seem to be the ones heavy
    with HTML. When I try to open those with MS Edge, I get a page that says: Couldn’t open PDF
    Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

• Go back to the last page

pjrk101, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge - Similar Threads - Adobe pdf files

2. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  3. I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!: I use MS Edge as little as possible.Even when I do use it, it still succeeds in annoying the s**t out of me. And it seems it’s getting more and more intrusive and more and more arrogant.I have never set MS Edge to open PDF files inside the browser.I always want any browser...
  4. I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I DON’T WANT MS EDGE TO OPEN PDF FILES INSIDE EDGE!!!!: I use MS Edge as little as possible.Even when I do use it, it still succeeds in annoying the s**t out of me. And it seems it’s getting more and more intrusive and more and more arrogant.I have never set MS Edge to open PDF files inside the browser.I always want any browser...
  5. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  6. MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked: What has happened with my Adobe Acrobat XI and MS Edge. Whenever I want create or open a PDF file, MS Edge takes over and displays the file. This is a recent occurrence, but it persists. Even though Acrobat asks me to make it my default for PDF files, which I do, Edge is...
  7. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  8. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  9. MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU: Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU. MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”,...
  10. How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge

How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge: I open a lot of manuals and Edge is so basic. It shows nothing from introduction to index just the manual. I used to be able to go to the index and find the specific part of the manual I need. Has Microsoft blocked this. REO 16350