Windows 10: Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Discus and support Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nigelmercier, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing.

I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used to be called My Documents, repeat My Documents. I hate it when programs decide they can save there. I want it saved to Desktop, so I can quickly put it where I want it.

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 2, 2015
  2. wilson63 Win User

How to print PDF files on E90?

Hello all, my E90 prints fine with hp printer via bluetooth but has no options to print PDF files, I'm in need of printing PDF files cause all of my documents & forms are in PDF formats. Can an upgrade to Adobe PDF LE 2.0 be able to print files with improved
    functions & features? Why is it Adobe on PC could print with PDF format documents & not on handsets?:smileysad:

wilson63, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Why are files printed with "Print to PDF" so huge?

If I print using Microsoft Print to PDF, files are 5X larger than the same pages printed with Adobe Acrobat. Why do Microsoft PDF files use so much more space than Adobe PDF files?

Several files I created from web pages with Adobe PDF are about 40K in size. The same web pages printed with Microsoft are abut 250K in size.

I was trying to get by using the MS PDF printer, but it looks like I'll have to install Adobe Acrobat.

AnthonyChiappette, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

I really cannot understand what's to hate when you create a document and system offers to save it to your Documents folder?

That being said, why don't you change the save folder? At least on my computers when printing / saving to Microsoft Print to PDF it opens a Save As dialog. By default this dialog opens in My Documents but if I now select Desktop instead and save there, all future PDF files I create with Microsoft Print to PDF will be saved to desktop (Save As dialog offering Desktop as save location) until I again select another folder in the Save As dialog.

The point is, the tool remembers the last folder you have used to save your PDF.

Kari, Aug 2, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    As mentioned in the OP, Programs put all kinds of junk in the 'My Documents' folder turning it into a cluttered mess, therefore some of us keep our personal files elsewhere (such as on a seperate harddrive) where we have sole control of our files/folders. If you can change the save locations, that's fine, but Windows sometimes doesn't give the option to change save location.

ARC1020, Aug 2, 2015
  6. It doesn't offer to save it anywhere, it just saves it.

7. Kari Win User
    From which program you are trying to save the PDF?

Kari, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Microsoft Print to PDF, from Edge.

9. Kari Win User
    No, I know that. I mean, which is the program you are using when you try to save a document as a PDF? Microsoft Word, Edge browser, WordPad, something else?

Kari, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    OK, I just checked and you are right, the PDF will be saved to Documents without Edge prompting for the save location. I do not know how to change that in Edge.

11. Niclasfa Win User
    Same issue here.

This needs to fixed. Our office will not be using Edge until there is an option to save at different locations.

Niclasfa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

1. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF? - Similar Threads - Adobe PDF Microsoft

2. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  3. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop: Currently when using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature with Photoshop, the document is added to a print queue instead of allowing you to select where to save the file. Have tried Re-installing Photoshop without saving user preferences, disabling and re-enabling the feature,...
  4. Microsoft print to PDF not working for Adobe Elements Photoshop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant print to PDF with adobe reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant print to PDF with adobe reader: Hi, When i am at work i try to print to PDF...but it wont do it, and just shows a box saying that my license doesnt allow me to do this. Do you know how to get round this?
  6. Microsoft print to PDF

Microsoft print to PDF: When I print from SAP to a PDF printer in windows 10, it does not give an option to choose a destination folder. Is there any way I can get this option?Thanks in advance....
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  8. My Adobe PDF won't print

My Adobe PDF won't print: I was trying to print something from my Adobe PDF reader, but it keeps freezing and won't respond. Is there any other PDF reader I can download that will work better? I'm getting pretty tired of Adobe. Unless you pay, their stuff won't work. Yes I've rebooted and it...
  9. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  10. Paper Size for printing Microsoft Print to PDF on Adobe or Bluebeam

Paper Size for printing Microsoft Print to PDF on Adobe or Bluebeam: I am currently trying to print using "Microsoft Print to PDF" in Adobe or Bluebeam however the printing settings limit me to the following I want to print a 22"x34" page and I want to use Microsoft Print to PDF because it resets the rotation of pages. Is there a way to add...