Windows 10: Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Yes I know its a very old program, but I like it and have been using it for years, and Personal preference I do not like having to pay Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick289, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Rick289 Win User

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home

Hi,

Yes I know its a very old program, but I like it and have been using it for years, and Personal preference I do not like having to pay Adobe every month to use there software! enough said! I bought this app many years ago and it has always worked fine even up through Windows 10 Home. But this year after the update to 1803 from, 17XX It stopped working, I had this problem with Photoshop last year same resin and after getting the update to 17xx it started working again? But so fare no luck with Premiere Pro 2.0?

I have tried compatibility settings all of them and no real change, what it is doing is:

When you launch the program it come up with a small box and has the program info, it shows all the different modules as they are being loaded and them it stops at: { Loading: Write_on.AXE } and I think that is one of the video driver modules? and it just sets there! It is still doing something as I can see CPU usage and it acts like its trying to load this module? If I click in the box, it grays out and I get the massage "The Program is not responding!"

You can ether weight and see if it starts working or end program? I have waited over an hour and nothing happens so I end program and everything else is fine! If I launch it again I get the same thing it just can not get past the (Write_on.AXE) file?

I have tried some of the troubleshooter answers like set it to run under Windows XP, Or, the display resolution, and none of them help? I have also change the Video card from a EVGA GTX 960ti to a EVGA GTX 1050ti So , that may have changed something in the video drivers but everything else works including Photoshop?

I was thinking of uninstalling the Premiere Pro 2.0 and try reinstalling it? But I thought I would ask in hear first incase an Adobe Guru has seen this before and has a fix for it? Hopeful thinking... (o;

Anyone have an idea I would be happy to try it, thanks for reading,, Rick289..

:)

Rick289, Oct 27, 2018

2. Can't get Adobe Premiere Pro to work anymore. Please Help!

Hi Jon,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What exactly happen when you try to import any content?
    • Do you get any error message/error code?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I would recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the Adobe Premiere Pro and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl
      and hit Enter.

• Now locate for Adobe Premiere Pro, right click on it and uninstall the program.
    • Once uninstalling is done restart the computer and try installing again.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps:

Step 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the Adobe Premiere Pro and install the program in compatibility mode and check.

• Follow the above steps to uninstall the program.

• Now Right-click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the program install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Adobe premiere pro on Win10

I can't launch Adobe Premiere pro in Win 10 on Dell 5770 laptop

SamuelAbramian, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home

Adobe premiere pro on Win10

Have you tried running the .exe file itself, in case the shortcut is broken?

Find Adobe Premier Pro.exe in the installation folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 in my case) and try to run it from there.

DamianDavis, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home

1. Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Adobe Premiere Pro

2. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?: I downloaded the Windows 11 update last night. Even installed it but my PC shut down when it was at 85%. When I turned it back on, it said downloading 0%. I thought I'll have to download the thing all over again. But now It's stuck at 0% since last night. Pls can anyone help?...
  3. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?: I downloaded the Windows 11 update last night. Even installed it but my PC shut down when it was at 85%. When I turned it back on, it said downloading 0%. I thought I'll have to download the thing all over again. But now It's stuck at 0% since last night. Pls can anyone help?...
  4. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update: Ever since the latest Windows 10 update, Dota 2 has become basically unplayable due to lagging in game. This is not an internet issue or issue with the game. It appears to be graphics or sound related as it primarily occurs when there is a lot of action/animation in the game....
  6. Win. 10/Adobe Premiere Pro Mishap resulted in thousands of thumbnails!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win. 10/Adobe Premiere Pro Mishap resulted in thousands of thumbnails!: Microsoft Community:I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2/OS Build 19042.985 - I receive automatic updates from Microsoft.I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/vers. 14 installed via Adobe Creative Cloud, and I attempted to export a single thumbnail from a sequence. I...
  7. Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility: Having updated adobe premiere pro recently I am receiving a warning message RE: IntelR HD Graphics 620 that I should update my Intel display driver to 100.6286 or above. My laptop is an Dell Inspiron 12-7378 with an intel core i5-7200U running windows 2004 os build...
  8. Unable to run Adobe Premier pro after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run Adobe Premier pro after latest windows update: Hi , I am getting glitchy broken video in adobe premier pro after latest windows update in my HP notebook 15-da03252tu on 13.09.2020.All though it was running smoothly before the update. Could you please help me to fix this. Thanks....
  9. Adobe Premiere Pro will not export

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Premiere Pro will not export: Hi guys. So I was having BSOD almost every time I would run Premiere Pro or any other graphics-heavy program, and it took about 5 days to get the issue resolved. I believe in the end some sort of driver or the BIOS being out-of-date was causing the issue. If you'd like, you...
  10. Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.: Hello ALL: I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this? 33224

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe premiere pro not launching

2. my premier pro is not launching

3. premiere pro not launching

4. compatibility mode windows 10 adobe premiere pro 2.0,
  5. is adobe premiere 2.0 compatable with windows 10,
  6. premiere pro 2.0 windows 10,
  7. adobe premeire pro 2 windows 10,
  8. premier pro not launching,
  9. adobe premiere loading quicktime not launching,
  10. adobe premiere pro is not launching,
  11. adobe premiere pro 2.0 not opening windows 10