Windows 10: Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS

Discus and support Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, Today when i was reading a document in adobe reader it changed the file extension to .adobe of all files on my NAS and PC and now my files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GreatscottAIO, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS

Greetings,

Today when i was reading a document in adobe reader it changed the file extension to .adobe of all files on my NAS and PC and now my files are unable to open and Changing the file extension doesn`t do anything how to fix this? or should i contact adobe customer support

Thanks in advance.

:)

GreatscottAIO, Dec 11, 2020

2. Adobe Reader not opening

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader DC
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Adobe Reader DC:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for Adobe Reader DC
      and right click on it and click on uninstall.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS

Adobe Reader not opening

I re-installed Adobe Reader DC. It worked for a few hours and then stopped working.

Windows diagnostics said the program is incompatible.

What should I try next?

AlbertHochhauser, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS

1. Adobe reader destroyed all of my files in computer and NAS - Similar Threads - Adobe reader destroyed

2. 7z files associated with Adobe Reader.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    7z files associated with Adobe Reader.: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, always updated.Somehow I ended up associating a *.7z file with Adobe Reader as the default app and now there is no way to change it.I already uninstalled 7z and installed again from Microsoft Store and the problem is the same.Can anyone please help...
  3. 7z files associated with Adobe Reader.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7z files associated with Adobe Reader.: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, always updated.Somehow I ended up associating a *.7z file with Adobe Reader as the default app and now there is no way to change it.I already uninstalled 7z and installed again from Microsoft Store and the problem is the same.Can anyone please help...
  4. 7z files associated with Adobe Reader.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Adobe Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Reader: Came to work, open files, icon for adobe reader is changed, when I try to open a file it defaults to Microsoft Edge where I cannot enter any information on the changed adobe reader....
  6. Adobe reader will not launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe reader will not launch: I've been running Adobe's pdf reader for years. Recently, when I try to launch the reader, either from a shortcut or by right-click a pdf in File Explorer and choosing OPEN, the reader does not come up. No error message. I've tried to get help on the Adobe forum and from...
  7. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  8. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: It has been a while since I set up a new computer and in the past I could download Adobe Acrobat Reader just fine. However now I can't seem to find a plain vanilla version of it anywhere. They all seem to want me to install McAfee along with it or some version related to the...
  9. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: For few days now my Adobe Reader DC get closed after few seconds after activation,can't read anything.Started after MS update few days ago.Have tried to repair it but get closed too.Have latest version insatalled.Put exclusion in MalverBytes. 123564
  10. Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC: I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC. 43121