Windows 10: Adobe Reader XI/Acrobat XI end of support 15th Oct 2017

Discus and support Adobe Reader XI/Acrobat XI end of support 15th Oct 2017 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As outlined in the Adobe Support Lifecycle Policy, Adobe provides five years of product support from the general availability date of Adobe Acrobat and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DavidY, Oct 13, 2017.

1. DavidY Win User

Adobe Reader XI/Acrobat XI end of support 15th Oct 2017

DavidY, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Eve Heidi Win User

What versions of Acrobat Pro will run on Windows 10?

I think I found the answer myself from the Adobe community, written by an Adobe staff member:

If I update to the new Windows 10, will Adobe A... | Adobe Community

"Support for Acrobat XI is not going to end and it has been successfully tested by our engineering team on MS Windows 10. I believe soon the KB doc. will be updated for Acrobat XI system requirements."

Eve Heidi, Oct 13, 2017
  3. I have installed Adobe Acrobat Pro XI on my computer, but when I try to use it, I get a message that it can't find it

Hi Peter,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would like to know on which location does the Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application appear.

If you have not checked the installed Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application in the Programs and Features then, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application in compatibility mode.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Find the Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application from the list.
    • Right click on it and select Uninstall.
    Follow the below steps to install the Adobe Acrobat Pro XI application in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let it application and then check the functionality.

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to contact the Adobe support for further assistance with this issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Adobe Reader XI/Acrobat XI end of support 15th Oct 2017

I just use Edge, it can read PDF's and it is good enough for me.

Josey Wales, Oct 13, 2017
  5. DavidY Win User
    Edge is still too basic and limited for me to use as a PDF reader.
    For instance, if the PDF has a URL in it, I can't right-click the link from Edge to copy the shortcut or open a link in a new window without losing where I am in the original pdf. From an external reader, it's easier because the link opens in a browser while the reader stays open.
    Also if I want to look at PDFs in the Preview Pane in File Explorer, Edge doesn't provide the relevant Preview handler.

DavidY, Oct 13, 2017
  6. I understand, I do not need a PDF reader now. I used to use Foxit .

Josey Wales, Oct 13, 2017
  7. larc919 Win User
    I used Adobe Reader for years, but switched to Foxit when I started having problems with Adobe. Result, no more problems.

larc919, Oct 13, 2017
  8. Hewjr100 Win User

Just wondering. I used Foxit some time ago, but I dumped it because of ads. Does it still have ads or not?

Henry

Hewjr100, Oct 15, 2017
  9. mrgeek Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. Like you, I need the full version for editing, merging pdfs and Office conversions. I wonder if there will be a final planned update beyond the 11.0.22 Aug. patch. I guess I can check back here next month - http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acr...-11-x-products

PS; thanks for your help in fixing my hiberfile issue in the other thread, I wish this thread had rep button. *Party

mrgeek, Oct 15, 2017
  10. Meh, I'm not buying a subscription at $15-16 a month to get the same features I received in v. 11 standard which I didn't buy until 2014 for around $139. So I got only 3 years of life out of it. I may to back to power port or something similar.

Gator5000e, Oct 16, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    sygnus21, Oct 16, 2017
  12. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Nov 24, 2017
  13. DavidY Win User

Yeah I'd noticed that update (and been puzzled) too.
    Your guess is as good as mine as to what it means.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe Reader XI/Acrobat XI end of support 15th Oct 2017 - Similar Threads - Adobe Reader Acrobat

2. Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in...: Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in Windows 11. Pls suggest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1935-hresult0x80070005-error-occurred-during/295b65a6-352a-40d0-b3dc-29771ab205e5
  3. Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in...: Error 1935, HRESULT:0x80070005 error occurred during Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installation in Windows 11. Pls suggest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1935-hresult0x80070005-error-occurred-during/295b65a6-352a-40d0-b3dc-29771ab205e5
  4. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  5. account adobe acrobat reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    account adobe acrobat reader: non riesco ad immettere ne' il mio nome utente-email- ne' password per aprire adobe acrobat reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-adobe-acrobat-reader/1a104f9d-4d77-41aa-b05d-505b9112ea75
  6. Adobe Reader XI file closes 10-20 seconds after opening

Adobe Reader XI file closes 10-20 seconds after opening: Running Windows10 v.1909 (OS Build 18363.778) A couple of weeks ago my PDF files began to automatically close a few seconds after opening. I restarted my PC, and it seemed to fix the problem. I am using Adobe Reader XI v11.0.23. This began happening again today, and...
  7. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Acrobat XI Pro: Why has Adobe Acrobat XI Pro stopped working in Windows 10 has been fine up until a month ago !! All of the updates seem to impact in different ways and want a fix from Microsoft or replacement software....
  8. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  9. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  10. Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files: When I look under defaults in Control Panel, I see Microsoft Edge is the default. I do not want Microsoft Edge and paid to get Adobe Acrobat Pro XI so I have the editing capabilities. How do I do this? ElaineBell6...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe dc pro locking up when using Autocad 2017