Windows 10: Adobe Software Updates & Unwelcome Additions

Discus and support Adobe Software Updates & Unwelcome Additions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; "You have an update from Adobe, do you want to install it" Oh yes please Adobe is now installing ............................................ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Oct 30, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Adobe Software Updates & Unwelcome Additions

"You have an update from Adobe, do you want to install it"

Oh yes please

Adobe is now installing .........................................

Welcome to Web Companion from Lavasoft pop up ..................

ERM No you are not welcome and goodbye .....................................

I dont care if its offering gold plated tea services to eat my software off, it was sneaked in and is not welcome.

Deleted!

It then tells me there is an uninstallion error! But iobit uninstaller came to the rescue and told me where the hidden files were stashed, bye bye ...............................

:)

elbmek, Oct 30, 2015

2. Microsoft edge is slow in Windows 10.

for the last few days Microsoft Edge is loading unwelcomed ad pages... requested page slow to load and pressing enter loads an unwelcomed page... saw a couple of false download pages that security software deleted, and a few commercial pages... so far...

is Edge compromised ?

YvesMarcotte, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Will software compatible with Window 7 be compatible with Windows 10?

. . . such as: Microsoft office, Adobe suite . . . and other additional software.

CameronHunt, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

You did not ask a question, right?

I don't know, with which Adobe program you got that junk, but I have not yet seen something like that: With Java, yes. With RealPlayer, sure. Also the Flash Player installer can come with junk, which can be deselected. But I have not yet seen adware or so coming with Adobe Reader or with Adobe's pay software like Photoshop or CS.

Joergi, Oct 31, 2015
  5. elbmek Win User
    just a normal adobe update for reader - I have PS elements but never had a problem with that. Also never had problem with flash.

elbmek, Oct 31, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Yeah, you have to be really careful nowadays, with Adobe it's been that way for a while. When you go to d/l the update for Flash, if you aren't careful, you can end up with either McAfee or something else. They hide the PUP installation it at the bottom or in the corner & it's checked to be included.

Anytime I need to update Flash, I go to this page, down at the bottom you can d/l the latest version by r clicking on the version you need & "save link as." No having to navigate through Adobes site & risk installing something.

Installation problems Windows

Borg 386, Oct 31, 2015
  7. ambimom Win User
    There are plenty of readers out there http://lifehacker.com/5328211/five-best-pdf-readers. My personal favorite is pdf exchange, though I've also used Foxit. These are free, do not have all the crap that Adobe typically comes with, and have lots of very useful extras.

ambimom, Oct 31, 2015
  8. PJLLB Win User

To the OP, from where did you download Adobe product from? Is it reader? Unless you get the software from the Adobe web site you're at risk because other links can be to sites that install the Adobe product, plus the little "gifts" that come along with it.

PJLLB, Oct 31, 2015
  9. elbmek Win User
    PJ: from adobe site, it was their updater.
    Borg: Great link, my thanks. Bookmarked.

elbmek, Oct 31, 2015
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    I just got a update notice from Adobe. Funny, I had their update service turned off. Well, only at the msconfig startup & services. How interesting, it's still running despite the fact I told it not to.

So now we go to manage/services & find it's set to start automatically. Not anymore.

Note to Adobe: When I turn off your updater, don't think I like it being restarted on every update I choose to install. I also don't like having to go to the settings after every freaking update & having to uncheck your product from the startup list. And, anytime you push "bonus software" on someone without asking or giving them an option to opt out, that's shady practice & constitutes malware.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe Software Updates & Unwelcome Additions - Similar Threads - Adobe Software Updates

2. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess: I went to breakfast and came back to updates completing on my laptop. Now a login I used over a year ago is back. The laptop says I have a security risk and there are 12 updates pending install or downloading and the laptop is extremely slow. All of my files and apps are gone...
  3. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess: I went to breakfast and came back to updates completing on my laptop. Now a login I used over a year ago is back. The laptop says I have a security risk and there are 12 updates pending install or downloading and the laptop is extremely slow. All of my files and apps are gone...
  4. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unwelcome remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwelcome remote access: So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet...
  6. Unwelcome program !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwelcome program !: After updating a program a few days ago I didn't realise that it also added Spyhunter 5 ! I quickly uninstalled it and checked registry for any fragments etc. Although it seems to have been removed it still shows on the "Select what item to show in the taskbar list" under...
  7. Adobe Softwares shows incompatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Softwares shows incompatible: I was trying to install adobe softwares like the illustrator and the aftereffects, the creative cloud says that these softwares are compatible for windows 10 version 1809 and above. My windows is up to date. My laptop is ASUS GL502VM and has the appropriate configuration....
  8. Requirement of Additional Security Software!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requirement of Additional Security Software!: I am using Windows 10 (home) which came pre-installed with my HP-laptop and till date the system is regularly updated with all latest features. Is it really necessary to use any other additional security-software (e.g. Mcafee/Quick Heal/ Avast etc), apart from the in-built...
  9. Unwelcome driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwelcome driver updates: Every time my PC with Windows 10 is updated automatically is a big headache since some drivers are updated and do not work properly as I can do so that every time my pc is updated automatically my drivers are not updated?...
  10. Unwelcome reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwelcome reboot: Microsoft updated my OS in the middle of the day, while my back was turned getting supper. I lost a days work on Excel 2007 when, unwelcomed, they rebooted my system. Is there a way to prevent this?...