Windows 10: Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop.

Discus and support Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Still getting ads when I play Word games or Solitaire after paying $9.99 for them to stop. Please stop the ads or just give me a refund.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColossalTuna629, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop.

Still getting ads when I play Word games or Solitaire after paying $9.99 for them to stop. Please stop the ads or just give me a refund.

:)

ColossalTuna629, Aug 5, 2019

2. the update stopped at 99%

update registration corrupted or not found ,stuck at 99%

dennybechtel, Aug 5, 2019
  3. the update stopped at 99%

Hello,

I suggest you to wait for some more time and check if it gets completed. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to restart the system and try the methods below and check if this helps.

Windows 10 is a service, which means it's always up to date and your PC always has the latest and best features. The Anniversary Update, which includes additional features and improvements, will automatically download and install when available.

However, if you are facing an issue in installing Anniversary Update through Windows updates, try the below methods and check.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

• Make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet. Some updates can’t be installed if you’re using a metered Internet connection.
    • If you’re connected the Internet and updates aren’t installed automatically, wait a few minutes and then try to install the updates manually.
    • Use the
      Windows Update Troubleshooter
      to try to fix the problem.

Method 2: Reset Windows update components.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components manually:

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
    • Stop the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop cryptSvc
      • net stop bits
      • net stop msiserver
    • Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and
      Catroot2
      folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
      ENTER key after you type each command.
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start cryptSvc
      • net start bits
      • net start msiserver
    5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For reference: Windows Update - Additional resources

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry,
    click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Keep us posted with the status of Windows update issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop.

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop.

1. Ads after paying $9.99 for them to stop. - Similar Threads - Ads paying stop

2. Why am I getting ads on Hearts Deluxe after paying to remove them a few years ago?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting ads on Hearts Deluxe after paying to remove them a few years ago?: I can't remember exactly when I paid but I know it was before Covid.No ads for years then got the same one over and over today.Why? How do I stop them without paying again?...
  3. Why am I getting ads on Hearts Deluxe after paying to remove them a few years ago?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting ads on Hearts Deluxe after paying to remove them a few years ago?: I can't remember exactly when I paid but I know it was before Covid.No ads for years then got the same one over and over today.Why? How do I stop them without paying again?...
  4. Stop Ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Ads: Unwanted Ads come up on the right bottom screen as shown photo $1 - 3.They come up every few minutes sometime.How can i stop them?Photo #3 is an Ad of blocking AdsPhoto #4 is the enlargement of photo #3. Is this software safe and dependable?Photo #1 Photo #2Photo #3PKOTO #4...
  5. Stop Ads

Stop Ads: Unwanted Ads come up on the right bottom screen as shown photo $1 - 3.They come up every few minutes sometime.How can i stop them?Photo #3 is an Ad of blocking AdsPhoto #4 is the enlargement of photo #3. Is this software safe and dependable?Photo #1 Photo #2Photo #3PKOTO #4...
  6. Stop Ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Ads on Microsoft Games Sudoku after paying $9.99 for them to stop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on Microsoft Games Sudoku after paying $9.99 for them to stop.: Still getting ads when I play Microsoft Games Sudoku after paying $9.99 for them to stop. Please stop the ads or just give me a refund. I tried everything, but did not find a Start button in my Microsoft account or the store, or View more in the store. Have been in payment...
  8. Microsoft solitaire collection ads: how do I pay to get rid of them?

Microsoft solitaire collection ads: how do I pay to get rid of them?: Just recently I have started getting ads for other Microsoft games when I try to play Solitaire. I have got fed up with waiting until the ad finishes, so asked to pay the extra £12.49 annual sub. However on the next screen I get an error message saying "Something happened...
  9. Still getting ads after paying for subscription

Still getting ads after paying for subscription: I paid for the yearly subscription for the Microsoft games but I am still getting the ads. How do I stop the ads or get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-getting-ads-after-paying-for-subscription/df859671-0f3a-45a7-960d-818478f70a77
  10. Facebook pays teens to install VPN that spies on them

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook pays teens to install VPN that spies on them: Desperate for data on its competitors, Facebook has been secretly paying people to install a “Facebook Research” VPN that lets the company suck in all of a user’s phone and web activity, similar to Facebook’s Onavo Protect app that Apple banned in June and that was removed in...