Windows 10: ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

Discus and support ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason. The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rezamokhtari, Sep 13, 2019.

1. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason.

The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS server. So I changed the DNS server addresses in "Adaptor settings " and in the ADSL setting ,it worked for three days ,but it disconnected once again.

I want to answer that myself , just to share what solved my problem.

Your PHONE (Network) wires are rotten, specially around the connections. you need to reconnect them yourself or call an electrician to do that for you. Some wires might have become completely useless. Change them immediately or they would harm your router device.

If you had this problem and changing wires helped, let me know.

:)

rezamokhtari, Sep 13, 2019

2. ADSL router in Cable network

No, since the WAN port of an ADSL specific router isn't an ethernet port it is unable to work with a cable connection. A simple router can be bought for 30$ easily though. Often ADSL routers have enough routing functionailty by default to support 3 PC' (actually way more, this might require some reconfiguring), in this case all you need would be a simple hub.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 13, 2019
  3. ADSL router in Cable network

Is it possible to configure ADSL router to work with broadband connection and with internet connection? Does the router work with 3 pc lan? If it is possible, what are the cons?

Dial 555 S-H-O-E, Sep 13, 2019
  4. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

Connecting Ethernet Cable turns off internet

When I needed better internet to play games or watch videos I connected the ethernet cable to my laptop to increase the internet speed. But now as soon as I connect the cable to my router and my laptop the internet for everyone in my house disconnects.
    I tried connecting it to different ports in the router, and the cable itself looks fine. My laptop is a Lenovo and it is not old. Anybody knows how to fix this?

JorgeAndresRasconAcuña, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

1. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)... - Similar Threads - ADSL router disconnects

2. Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected": My ethernet has recently been turning off and on, in a matter of seconds. One second it'll be off then a moment later it will turn back on. I've tried everything, hoping I can find some sort of fix here....
  3. For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable: I am trying to connect USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with LAN cable to xerox machine. but it is compatible with windows 7 and 8. I have windows 10. so what i can i do for connect. so for windows 10 product is available or not? please guide me. Thanku....
  4. Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected

Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected: Hello Everyone, I hope you have hear this common issue of wireless being automatically disconnected as soon as the ethernet cable is connected. Can anyone help me in resolving the issue? I have already tried going into BIOS and checked the setting of the wireless. Both...
  5. Internet thru lan cable not working

Internet thru lan cable not working: okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc things i have tried uninstalling drivers launching in safe mode resetting pc resetting...
  6. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting: Hello everyone, Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my ethernet was always connecting and disconnecting. I tried plugging the cable on another computer and it worked so the...
  7. Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use: Hello folks, This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with. I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket...
  8. LAN cable eliminator !!!

LAN cable eliminator !!!: Hi there I've been posting recently about the advantages of using an Ethernet Wifi bridge recently - and how you can use an old router to use DD-WRT to create one. However if you are a bit nervous about flashing routers (only do it on one you could throw away if it goes...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...