Windows 10: ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

Discus and support ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason. The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rezamokhtari, Sep 13, 2019.

1. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason.

The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS server. So I changed the DNS server addresses in "Adaptor settings " and in the ADSL setting ,it worked for three days ,but it disconnected once again.

I want to answer that myself , just to share what solved my problem.

Your PHONE (Network) wires are rotten, specially around the connections. you need to reconnect them yourself or call an electrician to do that for you. Some wires might have become completely useless. Change them immediately or they would harm your router device.

If you had this problem and changing wires helped, let me know.

:)

rezamokhtari, Sep 13, 2019

2. ADSL router in Cable network

No, since the WAN port of an ADSL specific router isn't an ethernet port it is unable to work with a cable connection. A simple router can be bought for 30$ easily though. Often ADSL routers have enough routing functionailty by default to support 3 PC' (actually way more, this might require some reconfiguring), in this case all you need would be a simple hub.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 13, 2019
  3. ADSL router in Cable network

Is it possible to configure ADSL router to work with broadband connection and with internet connection? Does the router work with 3 pc lan? If it is possible, what are the cons?

Dial 555 S-H-O-E, Sep 13, 2019
  4. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

Connecting Ethernet Cable turns off internet

When I needed better internet to play games or watch videos I connected the ethernet cable to my laptop to increase the internet speed. But now as soon as I connect the cable to my router and my laptop the internet for everyone in my house disconnects.
    I tried connecting it to different ports in the router, and the cable itself looks fine. My laptop is a Lenovo and it is not old. Anybody knows how to fix this?

JorgeAndresRasconAcuña, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

1. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)... - Similar Threads - ADSL router disconnects

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  4. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  5. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  7. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  8. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

9. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  10. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting: Hello everyone, Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my ethernet was always connecting and disconnecting. I tried plugging the cable on another computer and it worked so the...