Windows 10: ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

Discus and support ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My machine has been running Windows 10 for about 2 years. Yesterday, it updated to build 1809. I used the following PowerShell command to enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomasm516, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

My machine has been running Windows 10 for about 2 years. Yesterday, it updated to build 1809. I used the following PowerShell command to enable ADUC:

DISM /online /add-capability /capabilityname:Rsat.ActiveDirectory.DS-LDS.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0

Everything seemed to be working fine until this morning when I got a call from a user being prompted for the BitLocker Recovery key, and I discovered that I can no longer see the BitLocker Recovery tab in ADUC.

The first thing I checked was the Advanced Features option, which was already enabled. I also found advice online to copy tsuserex.dll and tsuserex.dll.mui to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\System32\en-us, respectively, and to then register the dll file. I have done that as well, to no avail.

Anyone seen this and know the solution?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer!

--Tom

:)

thomasm516, Jun 13, 2019
  2. MEBBB Win User

Windows 10 ADUC Missing Tabs

I am missing the following tabs in ADUC on Win10 and was curious if anyone knows how to get them back..

Remote Desktop Services Profile

Environment

Sessions

Remote Control

Unix Attributes

I tried the fix for Win8 by copying over DLLs from the server and registering them but that does not work. Everything that needs to be installed in Programs/Features, is.

Ideas? Only thing keeping my from using Win10 full time at work.

Thanks!

MEBBB, Jun 13, 2019
  3. ADUC not displaying all advanced tabs

Hello,

I have logged onto my windows 10 computer this morning and I find that the tabs on user properties in ADUC are not showing.

The tabs I am missing:
    General, Address, Account, Profile, Telephones, Organization, Sessions, Remote Control, Remote Desktop Services Profile, COM+, Member Of, Password Replication, Dial-In, Environment

The tabs I have got at the moment:
    Security, Environment, Sessions, Remote Control, Remote Desktop Services Profile, COM+I was able to access the missing tabs on Friday.

Some key points that I troubleshooted with:

- ADVANCED FEATURES in turned in within the VIEW menu of ADUC

- Running ADUC as domain admin

- Every option under Remote Server Administration Tools (in windows features) is ticked

- Logged onto ADUC on another users machine using my domain admin account and I have all the tabs I usually had access to

- Logged onto domain controller using my domain admin account and I had all the tabs I usually had access to

- Noticed that windows update KB2693643 was installed on Friday. So to troubleshoot I attempted to uninstall it thinking the issue was the update, but as my computer turned on, it said it could not install updates and reverted back (before I uninstalled this windows update)

- tsuserex.dll is located in C:\Windows\System32

- tsuserex.dll.mui is located in C:\Windows\System32\en-US

- tsuserex.dll has been unregistered then re-registered (whilst ADUC is not open)

Please can you help resolve this??

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

dangoodwin96, Jun 13, 2019
  4. ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

1. ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809 - Similar Threads - ADUC Missing BitLocker

2. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key Missing: I'm trying to move files over from an SSD to a new computer. I've installed the old SSD directly into the new device in a secondary SSD slot, but the drive is locked and requires a BitLocker Recovery Key to be opened. My Microsoft account shows four bitlocker recovery keys,...
  3. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Missing: I'm trying to move files over from an SSD to a new computer. I've installed the old SSD directly into the new device in a secondary SSD slot, but the drive is locked and requires a BitLocker Recovery Key to be opened. My Microsoft account shows four bitlocker recovery keys,...
  4. BitLocker Recovery Key Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Recovery key missing

BitLocker Recovery key missing: My Laptop's C drive is BitLocked. I couldn't find my recovery key on my Microsoft account, although I see the Device. I NEVER EVER heard about the BitLocker. And I was never asked or alerted about the presence of such a monster. I was never emailed this key, or heard about it...
  6. BitLocker Recovery key missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery key missing: My Laptop's C drive is BitLocked. I couldn't find my recovery key on my Microsoft account, although I see the Device. I NEVER EVER heard about the BitLocker. And I was never asked or alerted about the presence of such a monster. I was never emailed this key, or heard about it...
  7. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery key Missing: Hi All,i am unable to find the BitLocker Recovery key in my Microsoft Account and i need it badly lots of data on my C: drive.What else can i do, the machine is now useless as i can't access it.** Issue started when the machine just kept restarting but itself over and over...
  8. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

BitLocker Recovery key Missing: Hi All,i am unable to find the BitLocker Recovery key in my Microsoft Account and i need it badly lots of data on my C: drive.What else can i do, the machine is now useless as i can't access it.** Issue started when the machine just kept restarting but itself over and over...
  9. BitLocker Recovery key Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. ADUC not displaying all advanced tabs

ADUC not displaying all advanced tabs: Hello, I have logged onto my windows 10 computer this morning and I find that the tabs on user properties in ADUC are not showing. The tabs I am missing: General, Address, Account, Profile, Telephones, Organization, Sessions, Remote Control, Remote Desktop Services...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aduc show bitlocker recovery windows 10 dism

2. BitLocker Recovery Tab is missing within ADUC

3. aduc bitlocker missing

4. bitlocker tab missing aduc,
  5. windows 10 aduc bitlocker tab not showing keys,
  6. bitlocker tab missing in ad windows 10,
  7. bitlocker tab missing in AD win 10,
  8. missing bitlocker tab windows 1809,
  9. register BitLocker Recovery tab by running regsrv32 BdeAducExt.dll,
  10. powershell aduc retrieve recovery key,
  11. missing dial-in tab aduc,