Windows 10: Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Discus and support Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JasonBekebrede, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of it. When I first set him up I mistakenly got his birthday incorrect and it had him as a child, I sorted that out and is shown as an adult now.

Any way to get around this? I hate to delete him and then reinput him as we've got MS 365 and rather not go through messing with that if possible.

***Title changed from: Family***

:)

JasonBekebrede, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Suman_B Win User

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Hi Gabe_101,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you add an adult account to Microsoft Family the adult account gets the following privileges.

An adult account can:

• Give kids money so they can shop in Windows and Xbox stores without a credit card.
    • See activity reports about what kids do on devices, including buying apps and searching the web.
    • Set age limits for rated content like apps, games, videos, movies and TV.
    • Set time limits for how long kids can use devices.
    • Find children in the family on a map, when they have Windows 10 mobile phones.
    If you want to turn off the activity reports, you can See
    your child's device use with activity reports.

You can also refer to Parental consent and
    Microsoft child accounts.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microsoft Family - Changing account from child to adult

Hi Paulo,

To edit your child account(s), we need to
    change
    the
    birthdate
    of that account or
    create/add another adult
    in your family
    account. To change the birthdate,
    you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

To add another adult to your family account, kindly refer to
    Add a child account your family
    under
    To add another adult your family.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Family Features asking for adult permission...

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the error message you get when you try to access the applications and browsers like Internet Explorer or Edge?

Please follow the steps under this section “I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?” from this

link

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

1. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Adult account being

2. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. asked parent permission despite being adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  5. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  6. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.: I recently left a family to switch my account to a adult account. However, when I open certain applications, I still require parental consent. Can someone help me fix this problem?...
  8. "Ask a Parent" sends email to ALL adults in the Family

"Ask a Parent" sends email to ALL adults in the Family: How can I stop "Ask a Parent" from sending an email to all adults in the family? At the moment the Grandparents are also getting requests and I don't want them approving things for my child....
  9. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...
  10. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family: I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. being asked for family safety despite being an adult

2. parental consent microsoft account

3. im an adult but im being asked for parental consent. what do i do? microsoft account

4. adult being asked for a parental consent,
  5. i am an adult on my microsoft account but am being blocked on websites,
  6. parental consent on family safety,
  7. i have an adult microsoft account but am still being asked to get parental consent,
  8. im an adult acording to my microsoft account but content is still blocked