Windows 10: Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

Discus and support Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I have had this problem where I would Try to use my pc and browse the web with something other than Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge). I would try... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChicoR, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ChicoR Win User

Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

So I have had this problem where I would Try to use my pc and browse the web with something other than Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge). I would try the usual things like Chrome or Firefox. But these have seemed to be blocked by Microsoft Family Restrictions. I worked Hard to find a solution in many Discussions and I even turned to reddit, But still nothing no one could help.​

So I decided to use Microsoft Help, I went through many of the same things I went over in the reddit's. For a while I gave up on it. Then I couldn't do basic things on Edge so I came back to it and no luck. I decided one more time to ask for help. This time I got a really helpful and very good tech support from Microsoft. Lets just say he got it fixed within 15-20 min. With troubleshooting to changing profiles he made my 2 month headache seem seamless.

He used a Microsoft support thing to see my screen and he walked me though this while he was asking questions and being very polite. I now see Tech Support in a whole different way.

But back to the problem you may or may not be having with windows blocking Google Chrome. The first thing he did was check if I was in a family (I was not in one) and such. But he noticed that there was a block from Microsoft on my search browsers. He then told me to make a local account with out any email and give it administrator. That then fixed the problem. I wish we all knew how easy this was several months ago. Thank you to the gentleman that saved my day and I hope this helps yours.

Thanks for reading! ChicoR

:)

ChicoR, Jan 15, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Hi Gabe_101,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you add an adult account to Microsoft Family the adult account gets the following privileges.

An adult account can:

• Give kids money so they can shop in Windows and Xbox stores without a credit card.
    • See activity reports about what kids do on devices, including buying apps and searching the web.
    • Set age limits for rated content like apps, games, videos, movies and TV.
    • Set time limits for how long kids can use devices.
    • Find children in the family on a map, when they have Windows 10 mobile phones.
    If you want to turn off the activity reports, you can See
    your child's device use with activity reports.

You can also refer to Parental consent and
    Microsoft child accounts.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

Microsoft Family will not block Facebook

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The current design of Family Safety web filtering is to block the exact name of the website that you added to your blocked list and it doesn't matter if they use http or https when accessing the website as long as the name of the
    website is listed it will still be blocked by Family Safety.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1) Have you tried accessing the blocked website using either of these parameters http:// or https:// and see some difference?

2) Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

3) If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (Microsoft account | Your family
    ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

1. Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further. - Similar Threads - Adult parental controls

2. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  3. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  4. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Blocking adult family account by child?

Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b
  6. Adult Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adult Parental Controls: Ok so I know how to setup parental controls for my children. But, how do I setup content filters for my administrator acct? I get tired of getting to see ALL of smutty stuff. Thanks in advance. :...
  7. browser blocked by family settings as an adult

browser blocked by family settings as an adult: When i open any other browser than edge on my windows 10 computer i get a pop up saying i need to ask permission from an adult. My Microsoft account family is empty with only my account. Worked just fine yesterday… Getting rly damn frustated with the support bot too. Waited...
  8. Getting blocked by family settings

Getting blocked by family settings: Earlier this week I went to access nexus mods, (which I have used before) however I keep getting a Microsoft screen saying 'Ask for Permission, you'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can visit.' [ATTACH] I went to account settings and was apparently in a family...
  9. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  10. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family: I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game blocked my microsoft nparental