Windows 10: advance settings freezes when press the rest aside from start-up settings

Discus and support advance settings freezes when press the rest aside from start-up settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my Dell laptop. the thing is it will say "preparing automatic repair" then go into "diagnosing your pc" and then to "We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mjkysel, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Mjkysel Win User

advance settings freezes when press the rest aside from start-up settings

Hello, I have a problem with my Dell laptop. the thing is it will say "preparing automatic repair" then go into "diagnosing your pc" and then to "We couldnt repair your pc. so i tried going to advance settings and watch a youtube video on how to fix this however the problem is when i do enter advance settings it freezes when press the rest aside from start-up settings. The pc is now on an infinite loop of "Diagnosing your pc" I don't know what to do. Please Help! i still have online classes :<

as far as im aware theres this message before i get to choose wether i wanna open advance settings that states "automatic repair c /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt"

and while looking for the answer i happen to come across this that "[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]The [/COLOR]Srttrail[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]. [/COLOR]txt[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1] BSOD [/COLOR]error[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1] may be [/COLOR]caused[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1] by the corrupted software installed on the computer. Additionally, it can be related to hardware issues, such as incompatible hardware implementation or power supply overload" and i was thinking that it might be a power supply problem inside the laptop, because ever since the battery started showing problems i figured it might be time to replace however i dont have the time nor the money to do so that's why i heavily rely on the charger. please tell me solutions that might fix this :<[/COLOR]

:)

Mjkysel, Jan 31, 2021

2. Mobile Hotspot settings freezes after starting Hostpot

Hi,

There are several reasons why the hotspot setting is not working as expected on your PC. It can be due to the recent changes that occurred or a setting that was not configured correctly. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Aside from freezing, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried so we can isolate the issue?

At the same time, you can check for the logs by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Win+R to open Run dialog box.
    • Type eventvwr.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Event Viewer window, right-click Event Viewer and select
      View.
    • Click Show Analytic and Debug logs.
    • Once enabled, go to Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WLAN-AutoConfig to view logs.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 31, 2021
  3. “Advanced Display Settings” Missing

Hi ChrisHvass,

In order to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Aside from updating drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the current build number and version of your Windows? To access these, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 31, 2021
  4. harrymc Win User

Disable set aside tabs in Edge

The official answer by Microsoft to this question can be found in their forum
    How to turn off "set these tabs aside" in Edge on Win10.

The count of "I have the same question" on this post is 90.

Dyan Rey from Microsoft replied on July 20, 2017 :

I found this link mentioned : Windows Insider Program, but I'm unwilling
    to sign on to the Feedback app to verify it.

Other answers by Microsoft that say the same :

I am afraid that all you can do at the moment is join your voice to the
    feedback channel, and wait for Microsoft to act.
    As far as I know, there are actually no non-Microsoft workarounds or hacks.

harrymc, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. advance settings freezes when press the rest aside from start-up settings - Similar Threads - advance settings freezes

2. Rest to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rest to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  3. Rest to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rest to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  4. Rest to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting start-up: How do I get my chrome browser as start up app? I know it's on task manager before now it's missing. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-start-up/28d30658-a95b-40bb-a4eb-46c1b7d31db5
  6. advanced settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  7. what is set aside tabs

what is set aside tabs: What is meant be set aside these tabs ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-set-aside-tabs/234f3d66-bec0-4459-b5a9-ee5812e182ef
  8. Set aside

Set aside: I have tabs they’re on set side every time I delete them are closed they reappear is soon as I open another window of my thing and every time I turn off my computer they come back is there a way to fix it...
  9. Set aside tabs

Set aside tabs: This takes up valuable screen space on my tablet and is more than annoying. Why on earth can it not be disabled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-aside-tabs/0e485dcd-5b1a-4480-a10f-2e23762772a0
  10. Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge: How to: Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...