Windows 10: Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10

Discus and support Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The debate of the missing "Advanced Appearance Settings" from Windows 10 was first debated by the community on theFebruary 24th 2015. This complaint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cesare Vesdani, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10

The debate of the missing "Advanced Appearance Settings" from Windows 10 was first debated by the community on theFebruary 24th 2015. This complaint led to an ongoing controversy of unfairness that Microsoft has reduced to customization abilities in the Personalization Settings. Users used the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box to customize many colors and font attributes for many sub-features and elements in Windows 95 all the way up to Windows 7. Unexpectedly, Microsoft decided to remove the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box in Windows 8, 8.1, and it was never added back into Windows 10 after a massive complaint outraged on the Microsoft Community. The original complaint was made by DolphinaShamrock in 2015 here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...settings/1f325873-2934-4a55-b47a-a21597155bf1

It has been five years since Windows 10 was first released and since all that time that passed by, Microsoft never added back the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box that enables users to customize highlighting colors and fonts of desktop icons, Active and Inactive title bar colors, application background and many more sub-features that were customizable in the past during the time between Windows 95 and Windows 7. This is a great loss of a very important feature that theme designers like me request. This is the dialog box in question that I requested so many times:

Advanced Appearance Settings - Dialog Box:

Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10 f995ae84-f634-45b4-81e8-9161bc6c8b47?upload=true.png

During the last couple years, I have requested Microsoft of the Microsoft Community, Live Chat Agents and the Windows 10 Feedback Hub, and asked them to put back the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box back into Windows 10. Yesterday, I even requested that dialog box on the Microsoft Forum page. I am just spreading the word as much as possible so that I can get my voice heard.

For users that are not familiar with the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box, here is the link to a tutorial that displayed information on how this dialog box does and how to use it. The link is on a Vista Forum here: https://www.vistax64.com/threads/advanced-appearance.78281/

My name is Cesare Vesdani and I am a Windows 10 themes designer that likes to create fully customized themes for Windows 10. Unfortunately, I am really missing the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box for making advanced color and fonts customization. The reason why this dialog box is named as "Advanced" is because it has many powerful advanced color and font customization abilities.

Without the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box, theme designers would be in great trouble when creating fully customized themes because they would find out that many areas of the Windows 10's interface is no longer customizable due to the lack of the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box that is missing in Windows 10.

Even when making a registry tweak to customize the colors of title bars is still a problem because the customization does not get stored in the .deskthemepack file when saving or sharing the theme file on another computer. Theme files in Windows 10 .deskthemepack now lacks the ability to save all color and font customization so users making fully customized themes in Windows 10 finds out that many customized settings do get left behind and not included in theme files when saving or sharing themes on other computers. That is a big problem that Microsoft needs to fix when they add back the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box into the next build of Windows 10. This coming April 2020, when the 20H1 build of Windows 10 is rolled out as a public release of a newer and better Windows 10 update, theme designers like me hopes that Microsoft will finally agree with users request on the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box that its going to be added back permanently in Windows 10 as an integrated feature.

This is an URGENT request that me and many other people are asking for Microsoft to add back to Windows 10. The Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box, played a major important role in customizing Windows and creating themes in many previous Windows generations. I am not kidding here. Many people are begging to Microsoft to add back that missing feature in Windows 10.

Please add back the Advanced Appearance Settings dialog box so that all Windows 10 users can enjoy a much better experience when customizing Windows 10 and creating themes to share on other computers.

Thank you.

:)

Cesare Vesdani, Feb 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Mak50 Win User
    “Advanced Display Settings” Missing

• How to Fix “Advanced Display Settings” Missing Issue on Windows 10 ACPI x 64-based PC

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mak50, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10

1. Advanced Appearance Settings - Missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Advanced Appearance Settings

2. Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings: Hi everyone. I'm using Windows 10 and want to optimize my power plan for power saving, but it's showing not enough like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-missing-some-advanced-power-plan/a1ced14b-263c-4cb4-8c63-c06b2fcb5bb1
  3. Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings: We've just upgraded our office computers to Windows 10 and Office 365 and we seem to have lost the ability to change the background window colour.On Windows 7 : control panel : display : advanced : window : allowed you to select any colour you like and the 'window' part of...
  4. Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings: We've just upgraded our office computers to Windows 10 and Office 365 and we seem to have lost the ability to change the background window colour.On Windows 7 : control panel : display : advanced : window : allowed you to select any colour you like and the 'window' part of...
  5. Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Missing advanced language settings.

Missing advanced language settings.: Greetings. I have window 10 Pro build: 19042.985 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0My issue here that my advanced language settings is missing from control panel and I cannot enforce English language on start menu not when windows is installing updates. What...
  7. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  8. Advanced Ethernet Settings Do Not Appear

Advanced Ethernet Settings Do Not Appear: Ever since I done a Network Reset I can no longer go into the advanced settings of my ethernet, I want to change the duplex but the setting isn't present. I am on the latest version of windows. I have also downloaded the latest driver by using the windows update driver...
  9. nothing appears in advanced sharing settings window - windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nothing appears in advanced sharing settings window - windows 10: [ATTACH]For some unknown reason, when I try to access the ADVANCED FILE SHARING option from SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > NETWORK & SHARING CENTER > ADVANCED SHARING SETTINGS a blank screen shows up see screenshot. I have used this before and have no idea how to access...
  10. Missing Advance Display Settings

Missing Advance Display Settings: Has anyone developed a work around for this problem? The current display font is almost unreadable. Is there any way to change text size only? 88192

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advanced appearance settings

2. advanced appearance settings windows 10

3. advanced appearance settings 10