Windows 10: advanced audio settings crash

Discus and support advanced audio settings crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I open advance audio settings on Windows 10 the screen crashes. I can open regular audio settings just fine, only closes down on advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewWessel, Apr 9, 2020.

1. advanced audio settings crash

Every time I open advance audio settings on Windows 10 the screen crashes. I can open regular audio settings just fine, only closes down on advanced audio settings.

thank you

:)

MatthewWessel, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Hi Polaris,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are able to use the Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and not able to use the Dolby Advanced Audio.

As you get the error “Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver”, this error might occur if the driver is not installed properly or it is not up to date. I suggest you install the
    Dolby audio drivers. Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

As the both Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio are listed under the programs and features, you may uninstall the Dolby Advanced Audio through Programs and features.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Programs and features.

• Right click on the Dolby Advanced Audio and click on
      Uninstall.

• Click on OK if any window prompts.
    After uninstalling the Dolby Advanced Audio, you may reinstall it again through the setup file (If you have) or from the Dolby support.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    Santosh_Rai on October 15, 2015 in the below thread and check if it helps you to install the
    Dolby Advanced Audio drivers.

Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Error (Windows 10)

Note:
    Please be informed that it is your wish to use the both “Dolby Advanced Audio” and “Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio” or any one of the audio as per your requirement.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 9, 2020
  4. advanced audio settings crash

Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

I upgraded to Windows 10. On the Control Panel, both Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio are listed.

Neither one is listed in Device Manager. When I click on Dolby Advanced Audio, It says, "Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver". Clicking on Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio the app opens. Do I really need both?
    Both are listed on Programs and Features.

Polaris380, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

advanced audio settings crash

1. advanced audio settings crash - Similar Threads - advanced audio settings

2. Advanced Audio Settings in the Registry on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Audio Settings in the Registry on Windows 10: Hello Microsoft-Support-Team!My problem is the following: I have an audio interface on my Windows 10 computer. This interface emulates multiple sound cards. I have assigned one of these sound cards to a particular program. However, after starting the program I have to I have...
  3. Advanced Audio Settings in the Registry on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Audio Settings in the Registry on Windows 10: Hello Microsoft-Support-Team!My problem is the following: I have an audio interface on my Windows 10 computer. This interface emulates multiple sound cards. I have assigned one of these sound cards to a particular program. However, after starting the program I have to I have...
  4. Advanced Audio Settings in the Registry on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Advanced boot settings

Advanced boot settings: Hey, I was in msconfig in boot settings I went to advanced settings then I changed the number of processor to 1 then I click apply and restarted my pc, when it started I logged on went to boot settings advanced settings and when I clicked on the number of proccessors drop...
  6. advanced settings

advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  7. advanced power settings

advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  8. My app audio in advanced app settings is broken

My app audio in advanced app settings is broken: My app audio in settings is broken and keeps going from 0-100 rapidly and makes my audio either not work or sound Studer because of it going to 0-100! This is very annoying please help....
  9. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Manager, no advanced settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio Manager, no advanced settings: Hi! I have no advanced settings in the manager. So I cannot separate my headphones from my speakers. I did uninstall Realtek drivers completely and could separate headphones and speakers in playback devices but reinstalling Realtek just removes headphones from playback...