Windows 10: Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

Discus and support Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Ztruker Win User

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu.
    Hold down Shift and click on Restart.

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option) [​IMG]

You will boot to the Choose an option menu.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Found this while trying to delete C:\Windows.old. Booting to a Command Prompt allowed me to use

D:
    rd /s Windows.old

Had to find the boot drive first though which turned out to be D:

:)

Ztruker, Oct 25, 2014

2. BOOT Advance Option.

First: Sorry for my english, but it's not my main language.

Hello, Comunity!

My problem is: When I enter in Boot Advanced Option and enable the options "Number of processor" (I have and enable 4) and "Maximium memory", my computer show me the blue screen when I restart it Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option) :(

So, I want to know why this happends and how to fix it.

Thanks!

CarlosQuiñones1995, Oct 25, 2014
  3. Advanced Boot Option

Hi Mica,

Most probably, this problem is caused by a damaged or corrupted operating system. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to know on how are you accessing the Advanced Boot Options on your computer?

If you're accessing it using the media creation tool, you can try to access the Advanced Boot Options using the built-in of your computer. We recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer on how to access it using the built-in of your computer. However,
    if you're accessing it using the built-in, we suggest that you try accessing it using the media creation tool. For your reference, click this
    link on where to download the media creation tool.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 25, 2014
Thema:

Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

1. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option) - Similar Threads - Advanced Boot Options

2. Windows Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Advanced Boot Options: For the past couple of days, I have been trying fix this problem and couldn't find a solution. The problem is that whenever I make changes on my desktop whether I move apps, delete apps. It always goes back to it's previous place after I restart Windows and I decided to...
  3. Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Choose an option not showing other advanced options.: Please help! on choose an option it did not show Use a device and in advanced options it only show Startup options. Please help this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-an-option-not-showing-other-advanced/9bf654ef-0bb1-47bf-bf23-0c2372434dfb
  4. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  5. "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP: BEFORE IF APPEARS. AFTER I UPDATE SOME FEATURES IN MY LAPTOP, I THEN RESTART IT. MY SCREEN ONLY SHOWS "CHOOSE AN OPTION" . None of the options available work, as it reverts back to the "choose an option" screen....
  6. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  7. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  8. Boot option menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot option menu: ⬆️ and⬇️ to change option, ENTER to select an option What should I will do to solve this , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-option-menu/eb0bea46-d857-4318-b553-af9b3e706ce3
  9. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  10. Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change: Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted. I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced Options, noted an option sthg like 'Revert to previous build' Well, if Windows.old was still there, I could understand that.....