Windows 10: Advanced boot settings

Discus and support Advanced boot settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I was in msconfig in boot settings I went to advanced settings then I changed the number of processor to 1 then I click apply and restarted my pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Xaycent, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Xaycent Win User

Advanced boot settings

Hey, I was in msconfig in boot settings I went to advanced settings then I changed the number of processor to 1 then I click apply and restarted my pc, when it started I logged on went to boot settings advanced settings and when I clicked on the number of proccessors drop down list it shows 1 only, before I changed the number of processors I had 4 but I don't know why it wont show up it only shows up 1 it would be really appreciated if someone can tell me how I can make it to 4.

Advanced boot settings 418484c6-c60c-4405-b4f3-37622e92976b?upload=true.png

:)

Xaycent, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Advanced Troubleshooting not helping with booting up Windows 10.

Hi,

The issue that you're having usually happens when a specific process of the system got interrupted. This interruption can lead to system/hardware corruption. Since you were able to access that Advance troubleshooting (Window Recovery), we would like to know
    if you have tried choosing the option Safe mode with Networking. If not, we suggest booting from it using the steps below:

• Go to Advance Troubleshooting.
    • Under Advance options, choose Startup Settings.
    • Choose Enable Safe mode with Networking or press F5.

After successfully booting the computer to it, we suggest running the System File Checker. Kindly follow the steps on this article to perform it:
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10. Once done, type chkdsk c: /f
    on the Command Prompt then click Enter. Wait for the process to finish, then
    Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 25, 2020
  3. How to disable advanced boot screen / Win10

Hi Melontz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Its unfortunate that you are facing this issue, well let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build is currently installed in your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Unplug all the external devices connected (except keyboard and mouse) and restart the device and check for the issue.

If the issue persists, Boot into Safe mode and check.

Safe mode and clean boot

• To go to safe mode follow the steps below
    Step 1: Use the power button on the sign-in screen to
    Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.

Step 2: Click Troubleshoot,
    Advanced options, Startup settings.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 3: To perform
    Clean boot
    , follow the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if the issue is unresolved, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Advanced boot settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Advanced boot settings

1. Advanced boot settings - Similar Threads - Advanced boot settings

2. Can't access Advanced Boot Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Boot Settings: I'm having issues accessing advanced boot settings to recover my PC.System is a Dell XPS 7590Issues originally started when the battery failed and the laptop produced an INACCESSIBLE _BOOT_DEVICE error. After some digging, and attempting to walk the system back one update...
  3. Can't access Advanced Boot Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Boot Settings: I'm having issues accessing advanced boot settings to recover my PC.System is a Dell XPS 7590Issues originally started when the battery failed and the laptop produced an INACCESSIBLE _BOOT_DEVICE error. After some digging, and attempting to walk the system back one update...
  4. In Windows 11, none of the advanced boot settings function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, none of the advanced boot settings function.: When I switch off my laptop, the screen generally goes black, but the keyboard lights are still on. So I pressed and held the button for a short period of time, and it worked. However, to make sure the laptop was working once more, I turned it on, and after an automatic...
  5. In Windows 11, none of the advanced boot settings function.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, none of the advanced boot settings function.: When I switch off my laptop, the screen generally goes black, but the keyboard lights are still on. So I pressed and held the button for a short period of time, and it worked. However, to make sure the laptop was working once more, I turned it on, and after an automatic...
  6. Setting number of processor in advanced boot settings causes windows to fail booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting number of processor in advanced boot settings causes windows to fail booting: Hi everyone, so I have a lenovo z50-75 laptop with latest windows 10 pro installed and when I try to set the "Number of CPUs" to max cores of my CPU, my system fails starting gets stuck on the windows logo and the loading circle never shows up any idea why is this happening?...
  7. advanced settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  8. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  9. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  10. Boot Advance options processor/memory settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Advance options processor/memory settings: Was wondering if all my processors (8) were working during the latest update to 17128 and came across this: Top image was how I discovered it i.e 1 processor, bottom image with what I think the options should be set to. All 8 are showing activity in Task manager, just not...