Windows 10: advanced control over audio devices

Discus and support advanced control over audio devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I would like to do something that seems trivial to me as a programmer, but I am a Linux guy so no idea how to achieve that on Windows 10. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/e7th-04sh, Feb 9, 2020.

1. advanced control over audio devices

Hey, I would like to do something that seems trivial to me as a programmer, but I am a Linux guy so no idea how to achieve that on Windows 10. Just help me to start out. I would like to output audio to two hardware devices simultanously via bluetooth, but filter out left channel on one and right channel on another. Googling for it is very hard and I suspect that SEO is involved in that, cause...

This is basically all you need in order to "connect" two bluetooth speakers into stereo and it's absolutely ridiculous that manufacturers market this as some sort of non-trivial feature by the way.

submitted by /u/e7th-04sh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/e7th-04sh, Feb 9, 2020

2. Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

I upgraded to Windows 10. On the Control Panel, both Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio are listed.

Neither one is listed in Device Manager. When I click on Dolby Advanced Audio, It says, "Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver". Clicking on Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio the app opens. Do I really need both?
    Both are listed on Programs and Features.

Polaris380, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

advanced control over audio devices

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

advanced control over audio devices

1. advanced control over audio devices - Similar Threads - advanced control audio

2. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  3. Ps4 controller is seen as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps4 controller is seen as audio device: I feel as if I have done everything, from resetting the controller with the button, to installing ds4 to uninstalling. Is there any way for me to force my pc to not see it as an audio device?...
  4. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  5. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Can anybody help me, because my pc identify my ps5 dualsense controller as an audio deviceI know that I have to:1. Click on Start icon.2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.3. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.4. Double click on the controller and go to...
  6. PS4 controller recognized as an audio device

PS4 controller recognized as an audio device: every time I plug in my ps4 controller its it seen as an audio device I've tried using the built in troubleshooter and that doesn't work I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it and that doesn't work I've tried pushing the pin hole on the back to reset it that doesn't work...
  7. No audio device found but there is in Control Panel

No audio device found but there is in Control Panel: Hello, I have a strange issue at my main system (see my specs). The taskbar icon for sound is the speaker with the red X and it reports that no input or output audio device is found. Running the troubleshooter finds no problems. In Device Manager the sound card and all audio...
  8. No audio device found but there is in Control Panelel

No audio device found but there is in Control Panelel: Hello, I have a strange issue at my main system (see my specs). The taskbar icon for sound is the speaker with the red X and it reports that no input or output audio device is found. Running the troubleshooter finds no problems. In Device Manager the sound card and all audio...
  9. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  10. Controller on the pc as audio device?

Controller on the pc as audio device?: Hey, my headset is broken, jz I want to use my controller as a headset, so to speak. at that time, but jz no longer worked. since the controller is only a jack, I can use my headphones temporarily, this works with the controller you Controller aufm pc als audiogerät?