Windows 10: Advanced indexing

Discus and support Advanced indexing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to disable all file types quickly, without individually selecting them? I only want to index executables. 174683 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chaython, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Chaython Win User

Advanced indexing

Is there anyway to disable all file types quickly, without individually selecting them?
    I only want to index executables.

:)

Chaython, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Indexing off and cannot get it back on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue. I would suggest that you return the settings back to
    Local System Account from This Account under
    Log on
    tab and perform the steps below.

• Rebuild the Windows Search Index and check. Refer to these steps. This can be used if you are able to go through the
      Indexing Options in Control Panel.
    • On the search bar type Indexing Options and click on it.
    • Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the
      Indexing Options window. This displays a new window titled Advanced Options.
    • Click the Index Settings tab if it isn’t selected already.
    • Click the Rebuild button to delete and rebuild the file index.
    • Click OK to confirm.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Advanced indexing

windows 10 indexing window empty, advanced button not working

Hi Andre,

thanks for the reply but none of the suggested actions is applicable

• troubleshoot wizard says no issues
    • search UI process had been already terminated, pc rebooted, no solution
    • rebuilding the search index needs the 'advanced' button to work, but this is exactly part of the problem, as described in my original post

AndreaCampi, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Advanced indexing

1. Advanced indexing - Similar Threads - Advanced indexing

2. Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options: My Laptop Mecer Z140c-X Experience Blue Screen, Stop Code; Driver Verifier DMA Violation, I'm Trying To Reach To Advanced Options, So I Could Troubleshoot' Please Help How??...
  3. Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options: My Laptop Mecer Z140c-X Experience Blue Screen, Stop Code; Driver Verifier DMA Violation, I'm Trying To Reach To Advanced Options, So I Could Troubleshoot' Please Help How??...
  4. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  5. Is there a way to restore or reset the indexing advance settings filetypes to the original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to restore or reset the indexing advance settings filetypes to the original...: I was trying to optimize my indexing, and had some misconceptions about the operations on Indexing Options -> Advanced Options -> File types, and would like to return the settings on the file-types tab to the original or default states.I'm not clear what checking/unchecking...
  6. Is there a way to restore or reset the indexing advance settings filetypes to the original...

Is there a way to restore or reset the indexing advance settings filetypes to the original...: I was trying to optimize my indexing, and had some misconceptions about the operations on Indexing Options -> Advanced Options -> File types, and would like to return the settings on the file-types tab to the original or default states.I'm not clear what checking/unchecking...
  7. How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10: Windows 10 lets you create and manage a Search Index to show search results quickly, irrespective of the keyword. However, if you want to prevent others from tweaking some of the Indexing Options, you can disable Advanced indexing options in Windows 10. No third-party app is...
  8. File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding: Hi, I'm using Windows 10, version 1909 (compilation: 18363.693) with Polish language interface. When I try to open File types tab in advanced indexing options it doesn't respond, mouse pointer turns into spinning blue circle and nothing happens, the tab does not open....
  9. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

in Windows 10 Support
    file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open: Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164
  10. Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows How to Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how to...