Windows 10: Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Discus and support Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Mar 9, 2016.

1. lolcocks Win User

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine)

So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place.

For example I disabled sharing of the "Users" folder, that didn't work, it still shows up.
    I disabled Password Protected Sharing, that didn't work, I need to put a password each time.

Please help.

:)

lolcocks, Mar 9, 2016

2. Win 10 - "Enter Network Credentials" - I'm worried it will ruin our network

- Day Two - Solution

Win 10 -

>>>All the below is happening under...

Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > (on the left menu bar) change "Advanced Sharing Settings"

<<<

Today, the solution from yesterday did not work:

@ Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Under 'Advanced Sharing Settings' > Private Network > Homegroup connections

Procedure: switching back and forth, with re-logins in-between, between the setting for letting Windows do it, or user - ending with letting Windows do it.

Today, the solution that did work, was:

@ Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Under 'Advanced Sharing Settings' > All Networks > Password Protected Sharing

Procedure: switching back and forth from Off, to On (then "Save Changes"), then from On to Off (then "Save Changes"). This cleared the issue.

Note: as with the fix yesterday, you are returning the selection box to the same position, you are just changing it, then changing it back, with any necessary restarts in between.

(Edit 1/24/2018 - checked today, nothing has gone wrong since this. I've edited to correct the directory names and clarify saves and re-logins required.)

Michael100-right, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Dave_... Win User
    resource (peer-to-peer grouping) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

Same issue Windows 10 Insider version 16179

Homegroup Advanced Sharing Settings All Networks would change settings every time I changed Turn on sharing for anyone with network access

My fix: Services.msc

Stopped Peer Name Resolution, Peer Networking Grouping, Peer Network Identity Manager.

Started each, changed setting from Manual to Automatic on each.

Advanced Settings stayed in place, Homegroup works on every boot

Dave_..., Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

1. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working - Similar Threads - Advanced Network Sharing

2. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  3. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  4. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  5. Advanced Sharing Settings not showing current network profile as Private.

Advanced Sharing Settings not showing current network profile as Private.: Hi, in my laptop I have noticed that in Advanced Sharing Settings, the current network profile is not showing as private by default.Whereas in my network settings, it is selected as private network.But when I'm selecting public network in the network settings, it is showing...
  6. Hi I'm finding Script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I'm finding Script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks": I want command or script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks" I want change Sub subject as follows. "Public folder sharing" change to Turn on sharing so anyone with network..... "File sharing connections" change to Use 128-bit encryption to help...
  7. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network: After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected PCs...
  8. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  9. Give Access to -> Advanced Sharing, not working on my network

Give Access to -> Advanced Sharing, not working on my network: My Network Router (both computers connected with WiFi) PC1 , ZOTAC NANO (Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)) - this is my "file server" with a large SSD and external HD PC2, SURFACE BOOK, (Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)) When I try to share...
  10. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...