Windows 10: Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

Discus and support Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello - first post Everytime I go to change advnace sharing to turn network discovery on and save changes It boots me out of the gui back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DAGGAGH, Mar 17, 2019.

1. DAGGAGH Win User

Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

Hello - first post

Everytime I go to change advnace sharing to turn network discovery on and save changes

It boots me out of the gui back to desktop and will not save the change

I have tried running it as admin no same result

My android tablet can no longer find my pc on the network - "network error"

My laptop connects to the network fine but cant see my PC

get the message bar "sharing" or network discovery is not turned on - press it - blocked - no save no change - reboot same thing

Have avast internet security - makes no diff If i turn it off

ran services msc all the usual culprits are running

Cannot get netbios running - alwasy says no despite service running

ANy thoughts greatly appreciated - trolls ignored

:)

DAGGAGH, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Novgorod Win User

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

Accidently disabled myPublicWifi hotspot in networks and sharing centre

To further assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you manage the hotspot settings on your PC. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, proceed with the steps and
    complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, if the issue continues, you may check the Advanced sharing settings from the
    Control Panel to identify if the issue is not related to it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left-side pane of the window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Expand the Private network profile, select the Turn on network discovery option under the
      Network discovery section.
    • You may also select the Turn on network discovery option from the
      Guest or Public and Domain (current profile) network profile by expanding them one by one.
    • Once you’re done, click Save changes.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

1. Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC - Similar Threads - Advanced network sharing

2. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  3. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  4. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  5. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  6. Give Access to -> Advanced Sharing, not working on my network

Give Access to -> Advanced Sharing, not working on my network: My Network Router (both computers connected with WiFi) PC1 , ZOTAC NANO (Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)) - this is my "file server" with a large SSD and external HD PC2, SURFACE BOOK, (Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)) When I try to share...
  7. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  8. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  9. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  10. Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked

Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked: I shared the Downloads folder on the main home PC, ( so that I don't have to download everything twice) On my laptop there's a share called Downloads which eventually comes up with a message when I click it to say that the folder isn't accessible. I also have showing a...